Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,110

0 members and 3,110 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Very cool you were able to catch her first shed! I didn't see my BP shed for the longest time after I got him, I'd always just find a rolled up shed in the morning. I hope it all comes off nicely and can't wait to see her shiny new look after shedding

Thanks

Re: First time BP owner after 7 years of research!

Yeah I will definitely grab some photos tomorrow morning, She just finished about 15 minutes ago and I see she still has a bit stuck on her right side of her head(hopefully not the eyecap).. so I will soak her tomorrow if she hadn’t got it off yet! Its such a struggle without a hygrometer, as the previous owner didn’t have one and now I need to wait for next thursday when lockdown is over in my country

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts
    Even after keeping snakes for many years, it's still fun to watch them in the act of shedding... (now if only my dogs would shed in one piece! lol)
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThisisChris View Post
    Yeah I will definitely grab some photos tomorrow morning, She just finished about 15 minutes ago and I see she still has a bit stuck on her right side of her head(hopefully not the eyecap).. so I will soak her tomorrow if she hadn’t got it off yet! Its such a struggle without a hygrometer, as the previous owner didn’t have one and now I need to wait for next thursday when lockdown is over in my country
    If she does have a stuck eye cap, give her a soak first and then use a damp towel to gently try to rub the eye cap off in the direction she sheds (toward her tail). Also make sure the water you use to soak is around 85F so it's not too hot or cold. It is definitely tough to gauge humidity without a hygrometer! It can also help to put a damp piece of sphagnum moss in the hides when your snake goes blue to give them a bit of a humidity boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Even after keeping snakes for many years, it's still fun to watch them in the act of shedding... (now if only my dogs would shed in one piece! lol)
    Yes, for sure! It's very satisfying to watch

Thanks

Hey all, so I took her out this afternoon for a bit and noticed that part of her belly is a little red, like something scraped her?

I think this might be the culprit as she likes climbing on this plant, as seen in the first picture of this thread:

So I was looking for some input or guidance on what I should look out for, is this just me being paranoid or something that will sort itself out?

Thanks

When inspecting the plant closer, I found exposed wire right on top

one of the her scales also seems “dry” or hard, it is located at the start of the scratch, it there anything I can do to help her get better?

Thanks

So Today was the day I we went shopping to give her an enclosure makeover, we added a branch as she always seems to be climbing at night!

and now she thinks that she is a green tree python

I also finally got a digital hygrometer and thermometer as lockdown restrictions have eased a bit, now i realize that my town is quite humid, currently 85% outside, so now I need to hope that her cage (currently 90% humidity) settles a bit after changing her substrate today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12