Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,468

2 members and 3,466 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: New BP and tub temps.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    OP, 77-78° are the ambient of cool and warm sides respectively? What does the bottom of the tub read directly over the hot spot?

Vivi, you’re offering a lot of advice/info as someone that does not and has not ever owned a snake. Curious how you’re qualifying or substantiating any of the claims you’re making. I speak as someone who has kept snakes for 25yrs
    I know. But 78 degrees is too cold for a hotspot, I know that. Is anything I am saying incorrect?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

New BP and tub temps.

Quote Originally Posted by vivi View Post
    I know. But 78 degrees is too cold for a hotspot, I know that. Is anything I am saying incorrect?
    The OP said hot SIDE, not hot SPOT. Hence why I asked for clarification in the first two sentences of my post.

I do appreciate that you seem to be doing your research in advance of procuring your first snake. But dishing out advice in numerous threads based off of a small amount of research vs hands on real life experience as a keeper is comparing apples to oranges.

Not trying to be harsh, just telling it how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 04-04-2020 at 04:07 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-04-2020),vivi (04-04-2020)

Thanks

Re: New BP and tub temps.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    The OP said hot SIDE, not hot SPOT. Hence why I asked for clarification in the first sentence of my post
    Good point. I guess I was confused because of the abundance of info in OP´s intial post. (I understand, though.) I asked where the probe was to clarify if the probe was actually reading and regulating the temps right, which it seems to be doing. For ambient temps... A CHE or RHP could help to provide overhead heat. I´m still not super clear on what the ambient temps are in her enclosure vs what the surface temps are.

I understand you are not trying to be harsh, I´m not offended in any way. I was just confused, I thought she was providing no thermoregulation...
    Last edited by vivi; 04-04-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks
    I was having the same issue, my hot spot was good (90 degrees read UNDER the substrate) but my ambient temp was too low ( around 74 degrees around the tub). I added another heatpad and thermostat to the cool side of my tub and set it to 79/80 degrees. Barely changed my ambient temp, lesson learned.

Purchased a oil filled heater(one without a digital thermostat) and a ranco thermostat for the oil filled heater. Placed the ranco thermostat probe inside the tub, kind of just hanging near the cooler side. Set the ranco to 80/81 degrees and fixed my ambient temperature issue. Now the heatpad/thermostat I had on the cool side is pointless because it doesn't even turn on due to my ambient temp being 80 degrees all the time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikehigh05 For This Useful Post:

vivi (04-04-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12