Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,053

0 members and 2,053 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

How is your snake/snakes helping you through lockdown ?

I know a lot of you lot have had your snakes for years but I have only recently got my bp although it’s not my first snake she is my first bp. during this god awful time I can honestly say that my female “Alba” is really keeping my mind of this crap and stopping me going mad. I’ve been observing here in so much detail and I have even been noting down what time she emerges from her hides each evening etc (is that sad&#128514 i have been taking in her daily routines and she is fascinating me more so than I could have known before as I have a full time job and 4 kids . I can honestly say that if I didn't have her I would be finding this covid lockdown a lot harder.
    So any of you Having the same experience am sure you are and what’s your thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alba For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-03-2020),Luvyna (04-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    All my pets are a welcome distraction from "life challenges" whether COVID-19 or other irritations...they help me to stay in the moment, which is HUGE. I just got back
    from a long walk with my dogs...the snakes aren't much into "walks" but they do their part providing comedic relief. Pets of all kinds are known to be therapeutic.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Not really. It is about the same with the snakes. I get to spend more time with the mammalian pets though, and they seem appreciate it. More walks, more petting. But that is not unusual for domesticated furry animals like dogs and cats to want to be around their humans. Snakes, not so much.

You know what helps? Playing video games. Tv is okay at first until you get tired of it. I'm playing Final Fantasy Dissidia Omnia. It is free, you get to collect over 100 characters, the game is updated with new quests and events weekly, and it is awesome to play your favorite hero and/or villian if you are a fan of the series (my best team is Sephiroth, Eiko and Shantotto).