Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

0 members and 2,926 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks

Treating mouth rot

Albino granite burm seems to be having a case of mouth rot flair up. She’s relatively new, so I believe it most likely spurred from shipping stress. Regardless, it needs to be treated.
    So, normally I would take my sick snakes to a vet. But it looks like that cannot happen any time soon considering my state is mostly likely going to be under lockdown until June. What is the best medication to apply for a minor case?

She is currently eating as I post this, so it does not seem to be too severe.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    I was going to suggest swabbing a bit of Betadine on affected area, but while technically safe, it can be a little harsh on tissues. A better bet > (note it can be used on mouth)

VETERICYN LAUNCHES REPTILE WOUND AND SKIN CARE SPRAY AT SUPERZOO

July 23, 2013Press Releases

– Innovacyn Also Debuts Convenient 3 oz. All-Animal Wound and Skin Care –
    LAS VEGAS, July 23, 2013 – At the SuperZoo show today, Innovacyn Inc. launched a new addition to its Vetericyn line of products – a four-ounce Reptile Wound & Skin Care spray. The immediate-acting, one-step product is non-toxic, steroid-free, antibiotic-free, and does not contain alcohol or tea tree oils. The spray can be used on all reptiles of all ages to clean wounds and manage cuts, minor burns, abrasions, sores and skin irritations. In addition, the company announced a new three-ounce “traveler” size and POP display for its all-animal Vetericyn Wound & Skin Care spray.
    Snakes, lizards, geckos, turtles and tortoises can get wounds and scratches from other reptiles or features in their habitat. “Vetericyn also helps with reptile-specific issues, such as a lost gecko tail or skin irritation from molting,” said Dave Mills, general manager of Innovacyn. “With our new reptile spray, Vetericyn wants to be clear that it’s not just the furry animals we care about – it’s also the scaly ones!”
    The non-irritating spray works on all reptile skin types, and is safe if licked or ingested. Vetericyn Reptile Wound & Skin Care can safely be used around an animal’s eyes, ears, mouth and nose.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Little side note, but it looks like it’s coming with a minor RI, or what I’m seeing might be discharge from that. Odd, I have it in the same setup I would use for any other small python

I’ve got a friend I used to rescue snakes with and she should be lending me her humidifier w/ diluted F10 solution, so I’m going to be applying that asap.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet Herp; 03-31-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Hope you get it all cleared up.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    No worries about how it might look; not using a death grip with these pics, with a little force she could have gotten away. Her skin is just lightly stretched from a small meal.
    Also, these aren’t mites.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Call your Vet. Even with a lock down the Vets can stay open. Also, some Vets will ship meds or right a scrip for it. Buddy had to facetime his Vet to get his dog meds. Each State an Vets office is different, hope your Vet helps you.

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 303_enfield For This Useful Post:

dr del (04-01-2020)