Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,893

4 members and 2,889 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Snake hook recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Toad37 View Post
    I ordered a 38" and an 18" stainless steel hook from reptile basics yesterday. The 38" for when the bredls (and whatever else I decide to get later on) are adults and in 4x2s. And the 18" for opening tubs now and to start training my little woma with. She can be a bit nippy! When they arrive and I use them a few times I'll update everyone on the quality and ease of use. Thanks everyone!
    You'll be just fine with that.

I don't hear many stories about irascible carpets once they age and become mature. The Bredli actually have a better than average reputation within the carpet group.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-31-2020),Toad37 (03-31-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    You'll be just fine with that.

I don't hear many stories about irascible carpets once they age and become mature. The Bredli actually have a better than average reputation within the carpet group.
    Hahaha I've heard that about bredli but my girl Alice must be the exception to the rule! Once I have her out she's mostly fine. She's a lot more skittish than anything else I own and has tagged if startled but I'm usually very calm and careful when I have her out. It's getting her out that's the issue. I wouldn't call her "cage aggressive" but she does loudly blow air, run, and sometimes bluff strike until she's out. She's only about a year and a half so it could calm down but just in case it doesn't I'd like to get ahead of the issue before it becomes and issue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Toad37 For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-31-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toad37 View Post
    Hahaha I've heard that about bredli but my girl Alice must be the exception to the rule! Once I have her out she's mostly fine. She's a lot more skittish than anything else I own and has tagged if startled but I'm usually very calm and careful when I have her out. It's getting her out that's the issue. I wouldn't call her "cage aggressive" but she does loudly blow air, run, and sometimes bluff strike until she's out. She's only about a year and a half so it could calm down but just in case it doesn't I'd like to get ahead of the issue before it becomes and issue.
    Hooks are always a good idea. I'm fairly certain your girl will settle.

My coastal used to bite a bit early on. She was still tiny when she was just under a year and had some attitude (fear).

The retic was on another level. They just are, and not like anything else. The males can be awful, but not all.

I'm actually curious to hear how things progress with your Bredli.

I'm considering the species as a possible replacement for the retic I re-homed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Toad37 (04-01-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Hooks are always a good idea. I'm fairly certain your girl will settle.

My coastal used to bite a bit early on. She was still tiny when she was just under a year and had some attitude (fear).

The retic was on another level. They just are, and not like anything else. The males can be awful, but not all.

I'm actually curious to hear how things progress with your Bredli.

I'm considering the species as a possible replacement for the retic I re-homed.
    I remember reading about your retic. I'm sorry you had to go thru that but you did the right thing by rehoming him. I was considering a male dwarf at one time but you (and a couple other people on here) had a lot to do with my mind changing lol. I'll keep everyone on here updated throughout my journey with her but I would definitely recommend one. I didn't get my female until she was over a year old and before that she was almost never handled so that could have a lot to do with her shy/defensive demeanor. But my male I just got in yesterday from Nick Mutton and he's a baby so I'm hoping with some work at his young age he'll turn into a great pet. The bredli is my absolute favorite of the Morelia species. Their natural colors and patterns are way better than any morph IMO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toad37 For This Useful Post:

Gio (04-01-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12