Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 538

1 members and 537 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts

Re: What Grinds Your Gears??

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I have very mixed feelings about PETA...while I agree with some of the issues they raise, they go way too far; I've read about (but not personally
    verified) instances where they have "rescued" animals, but then failed to care for them any better...even to the point of letting them die. They also
    don't seem to think anyone should have ANY kind of pets...

Now about forgetting what you were intending to do, I do that a lot...my house is full of distractions, but anyway, just wait until you get older!
    "Rescue" animals are def a grinding gear subject. It seems so often that rescue means free to a lot of people and when you are broke and "rescue" an animal and have to start a gofundme to pay for the medical care it needs, I hardly call that rescuing. I got crucified on Facebook a while back when someone posted a picture of a boa she rescued. It was in her bathtub crawling on one of those racks you keep your shower stuff on. The snake was crawling on soap, shampoo bottles, sponges, there was a freaking razor there as well. I pointed out that maybe this wasn't the safest place for a snake she said was practically dead a week before. I was very surprised when some well known boa people on FB came to her rescue. Pretty sad...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cletus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-11-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,840 Times in 4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    "Rescue" animals are def a grinding gear subject. It seems so often that rescue means free to a lot of people and when you are broke and "rescue" an animal and have to start a gofundme to pay for the medical care it needs, I hardly call that rescuing.
    It's also not "rescuing" if you pay full retail to a big box store for a critter in bad shape.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-11-2020),cletus (04-11-2020),dakski (04-11-2020),jmcrook (04-11-2020),vivi (04-11-2020),wnateg (04-11-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

I have very mixed feelings about PETA...while I agree with some of the issues they raise, they go way too far; I've read about (but not personally
    verified) instances where they have "rescued" animals, but then failed to care for them any better...even to the point of letting them die. They also
    don't seem to think anyone should have ANY kind of pets...

Now about forgetting what you were intending to do, I do that a lot...my house is full of distractions, but anyway, just wait until you get older!
    Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    "Rescue" animals are def a grinding gear subject. It seems so often that rescue means free to a lot of people and when you are broke and "rescue" an animal and have to start a gofundme to pay for the medical care it needs, I hardly call that rescuing. I got crucified on Facebook a while back when someone posted a picture of a boa she rescued. It was in her bathtub crawling on one of those racks you keep your shower stuff on. The snake was crawling on soap, shampoo bottles, sponges, there was a freaking razor there as well. I pointed out that maybe this wasn't the safest place for a snake she said was practically dead a week before. I was very surprised when some well known boa people on FB came to her rescue. Pretty sad...
    They lost me when it turned out they were "rescuing" animals from people in tough places then flat out killing them in the van and dumping them in dumpsters on the way back to their "shelter"

Have a good look at the amount they "rescue" - the number they "rehome" and try and guess which freezer or dumpster the overwhelming difference ended up in. Check out the prosecutions if you do not believe me.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (04-11-2020),Bogertophis (04-11-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    They lost me when it turned out they were "rescuing" animals from people in tough places then flat out killing them in the van and dumping them in dumpsters on the way back to their "shelter"

Have a good look at the amount they "rescue" - the number they "rehome" and try and guess which freezer or dumpster the overwhelming difference ended up in. Check out the prosecutions if you do not believe me.
    That's just it, I DO believe you. I read & heard similar things, but it's been a while now. They seem to think animals are better dead than "owned", they're crazy & warped!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    I wonder why reptiles live so much longer in captivity compared to their wild counterparts... Must be because of all the evil reptile owners.
    vivi

Thanks

Dogs left in cars parked in the sun...even with windows cracked for air, quickly over-heat even on a "nice" day that's "not hot" & can harm or kill the dog(s). Why can't
    ppl who claim they "LOVE their dogs & the dogs WANTED to come along" just learn to be the adult & say no to what can harm their pet...why can't they LEARN how fast
    cars heat up & that dogs cannot perspire, only by panting, & when the air is warm, they just get hotter & hotter....
    I actually just saw a video of the new Tesla cars that actually have a 'pet feature'! you turn on the feature, turn off the car, it leaves the air conditioning/heat on for whatever temperature you set it at, and it puts a notice on the screen in the front seat explaining that as well as showing the temperature INSIDE the car.

I think more cars should actually have it!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FinnkaWarrior For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-03-2020),Craiga 01453 (05-29-2020),Skyrivers (06-15-2020)

Thanks

People who don't understand that animals feel pain.
    example from this week - cat brought to vet for shots only, ask the owner if anything was different at home, "nope, he's been fine, eating and drinking normally". Pull out the cat and its leg is all sorts of wrong..."oh yeah, he's been limping for a week, but he's still eating and not crying out, so I guess he's not in pain" says the owner ... "Sir, this leg is broken!" and they were surprised

on a lighter note, people who take absolutely forever to order food at a kiosk like it is a life-altering decision
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowfingers For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-03-2020),Craiga 01453 (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,895 Times in 2,991 Posts

I don’t know about ‘grinding my gears’ BUT wasn’t too comfortable with seeing Rayshard Brooks’s cousin just saying that anyone wanting to help the family financially should do so ... though him ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-30-2020),Craiga 01453 (06-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,840 Times in 4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I don’t know about ‘grinding my gears’ BUT wasn’t too comfortable with seeing Rayshard Brooks’s cousin just saying that anyone wanting to help the family financially should do so ... though him ...
    This is why I avoid private fundraisers and thoroughly vet who receives my charity cash. There are way too many scammers profiting from other people's misfortune.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-15-2020),Craiga 01453 (06-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FinnkaWarrior View Post
    I actually just saw a video of the new Tesla cars that actually have a 'pet feature'! you turn on the feature, turn off the car, it leaves the air conditioning/heat on for whatever temperature you set it at, and it puts a notice on the screen in the front seat explaining that as well as showing the temperature INSIDE the car.

I think more cars should actually have it!
    Wish I had this feature in my Ram truck. The remote start only last for 15 minuets.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-15-2020)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast