Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 649

2 members and 647 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: My Baby Albino BP from XYZ Reptiles...

This is how skinny and wrinkly he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serpens Reptiles EST 2019
    I spent the first 23 years of my life, living in fear of snakes. I want to help others see the beauty and power of these amazing animals, and give them the chance to see reptiles with wonder and love rather than fear and hate.

1.0 Normal (Hubble)
    1.0 Pied (Oberon)
    1.0 Albino (Jupiter)
    1.0 Vanilla Het Clown (Cassini)
    0.1 Het Albino (Minerva)
    0.1 Lesser Het OG 66% Het Clown (Saturn)
    0.1 Het Pied (Ophelia)
    0.1 Spider (Shatter)
    0.1 Mojave (Alya)
    0.1 Mystic Leopard (Pandora)
    1.0 Amelanistic Corn Snake (Salazar)
    1.0 Okeetee Corn Snake (Panic)
    0.1 Chocolate Albino Leopard Gecko (Perry)

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" J. Canfield

Thanks
    Poor guy! Glad he's doing good in your care. I've heard of XYZ Reptiles, but have never looked at their animals.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hi I am Snek View Post
    Poor guy! Glad he's doing good in your care. I've heard of XYZ Reptiles, but have never looked at their animals.
    I feel so bad for him! He’s doing pretty well. He’s in blue for the second time since I’ve had him. His first shed was great so I’m praying for a second good one. I’d love to know what’s up with the weird look on his sides. The dimply look weirds me out. If he still looks like that after he sheds out this time I’m going to ATTEMPT to get him into the vet. We have an amazing herp vet, only reason I say attempt is everyone is running on weird schedules due to this whole COVID virus.

I spent the first 23 years of my life, living in fear of snakes. I want to help others see the beauty and power of these amazing animals, and give them the chance to see reptiles with wonder and love rather than fear and hate.

1.0 Normal (Hubble)
    1.0 Pied (Oberon)
    1.0 Albino (Jupiter)
    0.1 Het Albino (Minerva)
    0.1 Het Pied (Ophelia)
    0.1 Spider (Shatter)
    0.1 Mojave (Alya)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GhostEchoes92 View Post
    So I got a male Albino ball from XYZ at the beginning of February this year. I did a lot of reading about them and felt pretty confident about my decision to get a baby from them as everything I saw was good reviews. I was a little Leary of the fact that I wasn’t going to be able to see pics of the little dude before I got him... but figured it would be fine since they were an established company.

Fast forward. He arrives via FedEx, 74g, 4 months old. Cool. But his skin is like... hanging off of him on his back end. His head squishies even looked big because his body was so thin. Oof. I got him in his quarantine bin, took a few photos and let him be. When I looked at him a few days later, it looked like his sides were... I don’t even know. Dimpled? And he had the “I’m too thin” wrinkles. It took me two weeks to get him to take food easily.

Fast forward again. It’s March 26th. He’s 145g. No longer wrinkly and ropey... but still has some of the “dimpling” on his sides. Smashes rat pups like a champ and has an actual Ball Python shape. I never bothered contacting XYZ because their policies seemed pretty clear that once the animal arrives to the customer it’s no longer their problem.

my question is, has anyone else had a similar experience with them? Also... what is with the weird dImpling look on his sides? I honestly could be overreacting about that because he’s my first light colored snake I’ve had from that small. Just curious about everyone’s opinions.

thanks.
    I don't know about the dimpling but I know of XYZ Reptiles. There is a reptile store a county over that sells their snakes. I think they are based here, probably in Miami like many of these in house breeders are. I have never seen them at the expos though. If I recall correctly, the snakes look fine at the store. But that pet store takes care of their animals, so who knows if they arrived that way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 877 Posts

Holy crap! He is looking a hell of lot better. Keep working miracles with him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kam For This Useful Post:

GhostEchoes92 (03-30-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 11,825 Posts
    I'm not positive but I seem to recall somewhere-someone talking about inconsistent feeding being a possible cause for that sort of "dimpling" (uneven fat deposits?).
    (and I mean some periods of near-starvation, not just a few days here or there difference in scheduling). But as long as he's eating & shedding ok, & improving, all is
    probably going to be OK...I'd just not be inclined to buy from that vendor again, personally. Remember that baby snakes (like all kinds of babies) don't have much
    muscle tone yet, that comes with moving around more, so that's probably why it shows up like that, & once he gains strength (muscle tone) he should improve. I sure hope so.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-30-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I'm not positive but I seem to recall somewhere-someone talking about inconsistent feeding being a possible cause for that sort of "dimpling" (uneven fat deposits?).
    (and I mean some periods of near-starvation, not just a few days here or there difference in scheduling). But as long as he's eating & shedding ok, & improving, all is
    probably going to be OK...I'd just not be inclined to buy from that vendor again, personally. Remember that baby snakes (like all kinds of babies) don't have much
    muscle tone yet, that comes with moving around more, so that's probably why it shows up like that, & once he gains strength (muscle tone) he should improve. I sure hope so.
    Thank you so much! I will bring this up when I get him to the vet for a checkup whenever this corona crap allows me to.

Yeah I will definitely not be buying from them again. I am quite frankly so disappointed and upset about the condition I received him in... and not even because I spent the money... but because it’s not fair to him to have lived like that.

1.0 Normal (Hubble)
    1.0 Pied (Oberon)
    1.0 Albino (Jupiter)
    0.1 Het Albino (Minerva)
    0.1 Het Pied (Ophelia)
    0.1 Spider (Shatter)
    0.1 Mojave (Alya)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GhostEchoes92 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-30-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 11,825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostEchoes92 View Post
    ... but because it’s not fair to him to have lived like that...
    I know exactly how you feel. It's NOT how a snake is supposed to look, that's for sure.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12