Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,916

1 members and 2,915 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,793 Times in 11,827 Posts

Re: My snake had something stuck in his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon&Sherman View Post
    .... with everything going on I planned to stop breeding them. I just read something about males thrashing around when a female is near..
    We agree on this, you shouldn't be breeding them, and not just because of the pandemic...whatever your snakes produce, you're not likely to be able to sell & you should plan on caring for ALL of them for the foreseeable future, as the economic problems will not magically go away. If you cannot or will not take THIS snake to the vet, what happens when a female has trouble with egg-binding or something else? Lack of vet care not acceptable...these are living animals that need help sometimes, just like us & other pets.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-24-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (03-25-2020),GoingPostal (03-25-2020),Stewart_Reptiles (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    There are no pictures, and what I call a vague description of someone who appears to have limited experience yet you ask people to diagnose your animal online, that is just not gonna happen, you need to see a vet.

Yes times are different and things make it a little more complicated than usual but it can/need to happen, I had to take one if my dogs to a vet last week and things were different, curbside pickup of my dog and the vet talk to me on the phone while I was in my car but vets still see animals and it is still the responsability of an owner to provide their animals proper care.

Keep in mind that in some state while not providing proper food, shelter etc falls under animal cruelty some states take is a step further and whithdrawing withdrawing necessary vetenarary care also falls under animal cruelty.

So some food for the thoughts, not only whithdrawing care can be illegal but it is also not the right thing to do.
    Thank you for continuing to make me feel like crap. I can't do anything about this.

Thanks

Smile Re: My snake had something stuck in his butt.

@Stuart_Reptiles, sorry if my post sounded sounded petty or whatever, but sometimes leading people in the right direction is the best we can do. I get that the facts are important and holding people's hands isn't the best thing to do, but at least give them what you think might be a possible solution. There are some people out there who can diagnose animals online by the way.
    Last edited by PToner; 03-24-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    We agree on this, you shouldn't be breeding them, and not just because of the pandemic...whatever your snakes produce, you're not likely to be able to sell & you should plan on caring for ALL of them for the foreseeable future, as the economic problems will not magically go away. If you cannot or will not take THIS snake to the vet, what happens when a female has trouble with egg-binding or something else? Lack of vet care not acceptable...these are living animals that need help sometimes, just like us & other pets.
    I started breeding before this pandemic, if it wasn't for it, I could take the animals to the vet. I agree with you for suggesting not to breed during this, but stuff happens. I could take care of the babies. Vet care is an issue because I have an overprotective mom. She used to not let me go at all but now she does but I can't because of this.
    Last edited by Sharon&Sherman; 03-24-2020 at 03:34 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon&Sherman For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Thank you for continuing to make me feel like crap. I can't do anything about this.
    While some of our comments may feel harsh to you, remember that many OTHER people read this, and we don't want anyone to think we can work magic over the internet or that they too can just skip going to the vet. I'm truly sorry for what you're going thru...actually, I'm more sympathetic for your snake. Please understand we are all animal-lovers here, and I hope you work on a better solution than just doing nothing, because that will never get you any applause around here. When you keep animals, you have a responsibility to them...maybe you don't need any more pets until you are old enough to meet all their needs, instead of asking your unwilling parent. Whenever you get a pet of ANY kind, you have to plan not only for their housing & food, but also for medical care that sooner or later they'll need. That's where we're "coming from".
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-24-2020 at 03:34 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Sharon&Sherman (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    While some of our comments may feel harsh to you, remember that many OTHER people read this, and we don't want anyone to think we can work magic over the internet or that they too can just skip going to the vet. I'm truly sorry for what you're going thru...actually, I'm more sympathetic for your snake. Please understand we are all animal-lovers here, and I hope you work on a better solution than just doing nothing, because that will never get you any applause around here. When you keep animals, you have a responsibility to them...maybe you don't need any more pets until you are old enough to meet all their needs, instead of asking your unwilling parent. Whenever you get a pet of ANY kind, you have to plan not only for their housing & food, but also for medical care that sooner or later they'll need. That's where we're "coming from".
    The thing is, I can get vet care. Just not during this. My mom is terrified to leave the house to do anything. I did not plan on having to deal with a pandemic when I got this snake. He was just horny. I let him smell a female and he calmed down immediately. I already planned on stopping the breeding when this happened, hell i have pretty much. I'm sorry if it seems like I don't care about my animals because I wont take them to the vet but its because I really can't at the moment.
    Last edited by Sharon&Sherman; 03-24-2020 at 03:41 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon&Sherman For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2020)

Thanks

I understand where you're coming from. Nobody expected this to happen. Just remember that we'll get through it. The best we can do is just wait it out and make sure our animals are being taken care of.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PToner For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2020),Sharon&Sherman (03-24-2020)

Thanks

... I did not plan on having to deal with a pandemic when I got this snake.
    No one planned on this mess, that's for sure. And truly, I wouldn't breed more snakes right now for anything...the economy is going to be hurting for a long time, & people without adequate funds may love the distraction of a "pet" (aka toy) but won't likely take good care of it. I say this as someone who has bred some snakes in the past...I care where each one ends up.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-24-2020 at 03:42 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Sharon&Sherman (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Well thanks everyone for your responses. I glad I got it figured out. I had never read before that a male will lose his marbles cause he is horny lol. I plan to wash out his tub and him so he can't smell any females and go crazy and maybe move him away from their tubs.
    Last edited by Sharon&Sherman; 03-24-2020 at 03:46 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon&Sherman For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Well thanks everyone for your responses. I glad I got it figured out. I had never read before that a male will lose his marbles cause he is horny lol. I plan to wash out his tub and him so he can't smell any females and go crazy and maybe move him away from their tubs.
    Not just BPs either...
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-24-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast