Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,192

2 members and 3,190 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

One of my girls laided one good egg and stopped.

This is a first for me...Came home last night and one of my girls had a nice healthy egg in her tub and she was back to being coiled with her belly rolled up.I had her figured to drop early next week.I placed the egg in the incubator and kept an eye on her and last looked before heading to my shop this morning she is calm as can be,her body has not changed and her bedding is still as is,so she has not been moving around... Anybody every deal with this ? I just got off the phone with the Vet and she will be going in first thing Tuesday morning.

Thanks

Re: One of my girls layed one good egg and stopped.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When a female lay one egg it is best to leave that one egg with her (too late now), in some cases it can take 24 to 48 hours for the rest to pass, not that common in BP but it happens.

Keep the disturbance to a minimum and do not pickup the eggs as they are laid.

If in the next 48 hours the rest has not passed it will be time to evaluate whether or not the next egg is too big and need to be aspired.
    Deborah Stewart

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

dr del (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Re: One of my girls laided one good egg and stopped.

Thank you very much for your time and advice...I only pulled the egg cause it was on the cool side of the tub far away from her...Lesson learned.
    Last edited by VooDooChild; 03-22-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Have you tried gently palpating her to find out if there are any more eggs inside her?

It's not as easy to feel as follicles because the eggs are a lott squishier and pliant once the egg while and shell surrounds them but even a photo of her from above might help judge if there are any more inside her. Did you palpate/ ultrasound for an egg count previously?

Your vet will rpobably do these things but if you previously palpated 6 follicles and only one has been laid then this will help the vet decide on the time he has before any invasive procedures.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Have you tried gently palpating her to find out if there are any more eggs inside her?

It's not as easy to feel as follicles because the eggs are a lott squishier and pliant once the egg while and shell surrounds them but even a photo of her from above might help judge if there are any more inside her. Did you palpate/ ultrasound for an egg count previously?

Your vet will rpobably do these things but if you previously palpated 6 follicles and only one has been laid then this will help the vet decide on the time he has before any invasive procedures.
    I woke up yesterday morning to bring her to the vet,when I opened the tub I heard the best HISS I have ever heard �� Ohhhh,I was going to post a pic,but guess I am not allowed...She delivered 7 nice eggs,3 of them were HUGE.I got her all cleaned up,she took a rat late last night,all is good.
    Last edited by VooDooChild; 03-24-2020 at 09:49 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VooDooChild For This Useful Post:

cincy (03-24-2020),dr del (03-25-2020),GoingPostal (03-24-2020),kc81 (03-31-2020),Stewart_Reptiles (03-25-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Eggcelent news ( see what I did there )

We do not use the attatchment feature so you will need to host them in your gallery space here or somewhere else online.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-Post-Pictures

That should help you spread the joy
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

VooDooChild (03-27-2020)