Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,844

1 members and 2,843 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: help

Quote Originally Posted by Sonebi View Post
    my bearded dragon has been doing odd breathing for a bit now and I'm super worried (she eats well and isnt lethargic at all)

heres a short video of her breathing - >
    She is fine. That is normal. My beardie does that sometimes too, inflating his beard back and forth. It could be stretch the skin while in shed, or a behavioral response to something it saw or dislike. Nothing to fear.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-12-2020)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Why all the "washing"? Maybe she's accidentally inhaled some water & that's why she's doing this?

I only soaked that beardie while he was constipated...it helped hydrate him & he did some massive dumps while IN the water on successive days, so it really helped. At the timeit also obviously made him feel a bit better. He was lucky that the wood shavings didn't perforate his gut, & all came out. (large crickets have those big un-digestible back legs-combined with wood shavings, he was in a world of hurt when I got him) I can see washing them off if they run thru their feces & actually need it, but just wondering?
    Gunk aside, it is common practice for many beardie keepers to soak or bathe their lizards weekly for hydration purposes. Whether or not that works is another matter.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sonebi View Post
    yeah I’m not sure why the vet said that :/ I’m hoping this time I can convince my father to let me take her to the vet but he never thinks anything I say is correct ((:
    Not sure what you mean by 'gunk' in her eye. Was it a piece of shed? Debris from the tank?

Eye infections are rare. Dispensing antibiotics to lizards like these should be the last resort, because sometimes they are not effective or they do harm to their gut flaura.

If the gunk is gone and she is not squinting, and she seems to be doing fine, it probably was not an eye infection.

Make sure the substrate in her tank is not loose, like sand and dirt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    Not sure what you mean by 'gunk' in her eye. Was it a piece of shed? Debris from the tank?

Eye infections are rare. Dispensing antibiotics to lizards like these should be the last resort, because sometimes they are not effective or they do harm to their gut flaura.

If the gunk is gone and she is not squinting, and she seems to be doing fine, it probably was not an eye infection.

Make sure the substrate in her tank is not loose, like sand and dirt.
    yeah there was probably something in her eye ): but I’m glad it got better cause I felt so bad for her

Thanks

I own a bearded dragon myself but have heard that it could be multiple things from like stress eating and tempature regulation. But could possibly be a respiratory problem or just one of the thing I listed. would definitely call a vet and get some advice on what to do in case it is more serious but hope this helps
    Last edited by Billy1222; 05-24-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12