Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 435

15 members and 420 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 03:30 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 67,564
Threads: 242,176
Posts: 2,513,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Jasongraham336
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: BP Wont Shed

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-25-2020
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Exclamation BP Wont Shed

    My ball python started the blue phase 2 weeks ago and it cleared up maybe 2-3 days after and then the skin got all wrinkly. This is the first shed with me as the owner and im starting to get a little worried because i cant find anything on the internet about it. As soon as he got blue eyes i raised his humidity to 70 and been keeping at it ever since but no sign of removing the old skin. Can anyone help me out?
    Blue phase start date was 2/25

  2. #2
    bcr229's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2013
    Location
    Eastern WV Panhandle
    Posts
    8,505
    Thanks
    2,398
    Thanked 7,721 Times in 3,967 Posts
    Images: 18
    Give him a few more days to pop the shed.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

    kidEvoX (03-21-2020)

  4. #3
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    24,541
    Thanks
    6,056
    Thanked 20,221 Times in 9,373 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6
    Shed cycle last on average 10 to 14 days.
    Deborah Stewart

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

    kidEvoX (03-21-2020)

  6. #4
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks
    2,191
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 2,375 Posts

    Re: BP Wont Shed

    Quote Originally Posted by kidEvoX View Post
    My ball python started the blue phase 2 weeks ago and it cleared up maybe 2-3 days after and then the skin got all wrinkly. This is the first shed with me as the owner and im starting to get a little worried because i cant find anything on the internet about it. As soon as he got blue eyes i raised his humidity to 70 and been keeping at it ever since but no sign of removing the old skin. Can anyone help me out?
    Blue phase start date was 2/25
    Just give the viv a decent spray two or three times daily until you see the shedded skin ... usually in a messy clump under one of the hides ..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    kidEvoX (03-21-2020)

  8. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-25-2020
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: BP Wont Shed

    Still no luck he hasnt popped the shed

  9. #6
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks
    2,191
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 2,375 Posts

    Re: BP Wont Shed

    Quote Originally Posted by kidEvoX View Post
    Still no luck he hasnt popped the shed
    How does it look now though ?

    Does it look ok or is it wrinkly??


    Did you try spraying well three times daily ?

    Have you looked carefully under each hide ??

    A photo would be helpful if you’re still worried .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    kidEvoX (03-22-2020)

  11. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-25-2020
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: BP Wont Shed

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    How does it look now though ?

    Does it look ok or is it wrinkly??


    Did you try spraying well three times daily ?

    Have you looked carefully under each hide ??

    A photo would be helpful if you’re still worried .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    he does look wrinkly still fully intact and yes im spraying and also soaked him to see if it would get him in the mood

  12. #8
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks
    2,191
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 2,375 Posts

    Re: BP Wont Shed

    Quote Originally Posted by kidEvoX View Post
    he does look wrinkly still fully intact and yes im spraying and also soaked him to see if it would get him in the mood
    Just keep up with the regular spraying he’ll be fine !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  13. #9
    BPnet Veteran jmcrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,229
    Thanks
    4,922
    Thanked 3,167 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Images: 13

    Re: BP Wont Shed

    Post pics. Sounds like a full body stuck shed to me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (03-21-2020),kidEvoX (03-22-2020)

  15. #10
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,109
    Thanks
    15,377
    Thanked 8,953 Times in 5,741 Posts

    Re: BP Wont Shed

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Post pics. Sounds like a full body stuck shed to me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree, was thinking the same thing, in which case, waiting for the snake to shed is pointless...they NEED help at this point.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-21-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    kidEvoX (03-22-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1