Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 505

0 members and 505 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Meet my Purramid

Thought I would take a moment to introduce you to my flabby felines.

Merlin is my male, I've had him the longest. He's a Craigslist rescue. Just your average domestic shorthair with an epic beard and belly splorts. He was from an accidental litter and needed a home. I was freshly divorced and was having a hard time adjusting to being alone 50% of the time while my daughter was at her father's house. I figured a sweet little kitten would be PERFECT to fill my lonely hours with. Man alive, I was WRONG. This little kitten was a psychopath. Truly. He destroyed literally almost everything in my house. He lit my house on fire (yes really). He almost killed me TWICE by getting on the stove in the middle of the night and turning on the gas. The second time I caught it before I lost cognitive function, but the first time it happened by the time I woke up I was already impaired and then I lost consciousness on the couch. The only reason I'm not dead is that my ex showed up to drop off my daughter and found me unconscious. He would open bread and tortillas and take a single bite out of every individual piece, no matter how much food he had or where I hid them. I was almost at the end of my rope with him, but I'm one of those people that when I commit to an animal, I take that very seriously. So I decided to get a second cat to try to mellow him out. And that is where Moondancer came into the picture.

Moondancer is a polydactyl violet point siamese. She was 9 months old when I got her, so just a couple months older than Merlin. She was listed on Craigslist for free, and the ad stated that whoever got there first could have her. I literally ditched work to go straight there to pick her up, because we all know what happens to free cats on Craigslist. The reason her family didn't want her anymore? She was "too snuggly". They hated that she loved them so much. I literally get angry just thinking about those people. They had named her Mouse, but she was so beautiful that I knew she needed a more dignified name. Ironically, Moondancer slowly evolved into Moomoo, which is far less dignified even than Mouse lmao. She is the snuggliest cuddliest pudgemuffin. She did wonders with Merlins naughty tendencies and he eventually settled down entirely and is now my calmest and most chill of the three cats.

Djinn is my third and final fur baby, and she has the saddest story. She's a Maine coone mix that was found abandoned at just a couple days old. A rescue took her in and put her in the care of a foster. Three months later, the lady who runs the rescue went to check on the kitten. When she got there, she discovered that the 3 month old kitten had been starved so badly that she was only the size of a 3 week old kitten, and had burns down her back consistent with having cigarettes put out on her. She was almost dead from her injuries and malnutrition. Obviously the woman immediately confiscated the kitten and all the other cats that were in the fosters care. I came across a picture of her online and that she needed a home, and just felt such a connection with her. My daughter and I went to meet her right away. At this point she was 5-6 months old. Her burns were healed, but she was still extremely stunted and tiny. I knew immediately that she was family and we brought her home. We named her Djinn because she's all black except her tail which has blueish tabby markings. It looks like smoke, so we figured Djinn would be perfect. She literally looks like a little genie. She's been with me for about 4 months or so now. She's about double the size of when I first got her, but she's still extremely stunted. She will likely be small her whole life thanks to the cruelty of her foster. Despite everything she's been through, she is so sweet and affectionate. She purrs like a jet engine and wants wants to snuggle up and kiss your chin. There's a special level of hell reserved for the woman that almost killed her.

Enjoy the ensuing photo dump

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MamaRhea For This Useful Post:

cletus (03-20-2020),Craiga 01453 (04-14-2020),Reinz (03-08-2020),Udon (04-15-2020),vivi (04-14-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Meow!!! How the heck did I miss this????

Thanks for sharing your kitty cat crew!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

MamaRhea (04-14-2020)

Thanks

Re: Meet my Purramid

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Meow!!! How the heck did I miss this????

Thanks for sharing your kitty cat crew!!!
    Thank you! They certainly make life interesting haha

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk