Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,806

1 members and 2,805 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Python set up question

I got a new bumblebee yesterday and I used a hide that I had when my normal was a baby. The bumblebee seemed really interested in the scent of the hide. That’s what it looked like anyways. Could reusing hides and such that other snakes used cause stress on a different snake? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Python set up question

Quote Originally Posted by Damien79 View Post
    I got a new bumblebee yesterday and I used a hide that I had when my normal was a baby. The bumblebee seemed really interested in the scent of the hide. That’s what it looked like anyways. Could reusing hides and such that other snakes used cause stress on a different snake? Thanks.
    Stress, probably not. Probably just interested in his/her new environment.

However, you should sterilize/clean items before putting in a quarantine tank and absolutely when doing the opposite.

I hope you are following proper quarantine procedures. If you have questions, ask, but all new animals should be quarantined for 90 days + regardless of source.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (02-28-2020),CALM Pythons (02-28-2020),Damien79 (02-28-2020)

Thanks
    Yea I have him quarantined. He’s in a different room and I have new tongs and bowl to use for feeding. The hide has been in my building in a Tupperware box for a while. It’s been below freezing many night so I’m thinking it’s good to use. Thaks

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Yea I have him quarantined. He’s in a different room and I have new tongs and bowl to use for feeding. The hide has been in my building in a Tupperware box for a while. It’s been below freezing many night so I’m thinking it’s good to use. Thaks
    I read your reply and Im sure its safe too, however why you wouldn’t wash a hide is odd. Im not being mean, or over reacting. Thats like not washing your bed sheets. There will always be Bacteria present no matter if it affects the animals right away or not unless you wash all accessories on a regular basis once used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (02-28-2020),Damien79 (02-28-2020)

Thanks

I wiped it down pretty good, it’s just one of those plastic corner cave hides. I just didn’t think anymore about it to be honest. My older ball python has always been healthy so I wasn’t too concerned about things like that. It’s had nothing on it but a little dusty is all. Please don’t ever think your being mean or overreacting about anything I post. That’s for everyone that I chat with. I will never take offense to someone giving me helpful advice!! I’ve since taken it out and washed it with dish soap and put it back in the tank. Thanks again for the advice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Damien79 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (02-28-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

I wiped it down pretty good, it’s just one of those plastic corner cave hides. I just didn’t think anymore about it to be honest. My older ball python has always been healthy so I wasn’t too concerned about things like that. It’s had nothing on it but a little dusty is all. Please don’t ever think your being mean or overreacting about anything I post. That’s for everyone that I chat with. I will never take offense to someone giving me helpful advice!! I’ve since taken it out and washed it with dish soap and put it back in the tank. Thanks again for the advice.
    Great attitude and thanks for being open to suggestions and constructive criticism.

Far too often people get all butthurt if you try to help them. If we're not open to learning and improving it's only hurting our animals.

So thanks again, it's a breath of fresh air.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-28-2020),Damien79 (02-28-2020)

Thanks

My snakes come first before my pride!!! I’m not scared to admit I’m wrong. I’ve had 10 years of practice with my wife lol Thanks again for the advice!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Damien79 For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-28-2020)