Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,812

0 members and 2,812 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Beardie is randomly really lethargic??

I have a 3 year old female Bearded dragon she is in a 120 Gallon tank Her basking temp's are always around 92F and cool side is around 79-80F. She has a place to bathe and basking spots as well as a little cave like hide even though she never really uses it. Recently she has stopped eating and will do nothing but lay down. She has already had brumation for this year so I'm not sure its that. It's also not like she is sleeping. She just gets really kinda "Floppy"? I have no idea how to describe it its like she just plops down and stays there. I have had her since she was a baby and this just recently started happening about a week and a half ago. Sometimes she will get a burst of energy and be really active and want out to play and then the next she is in a corner looking really well I guess I would describe it as dead? When I stroke her she will open her eye's but then go back to how she was. She has only picked at her food like one bug here or there and she has completely stopped eating her greens. I have no Idea what it could be but I am really worried for her.
    Last edited by Ciaran_songs; 02-20-2020 at 12:56 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Beardie is randomly really lethargic??

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran_songs View Post
    I have a 3 year old female Bearded dragon she is in a 120 Gallon tank Her basking temp's are always around 92F and cool side is around 79-80F. She has a place to bathe and basking spots as well as a little cave like hide even though she never really uses it. Recently she has stopped eating and will do nothing but lay down. She has already had brumation for this year so I'm not sure its that. It's also not like she is sleeping. She just gets really kinda "Floppy"? I have no idea how to describe it its like she just plops down and stays there. I have had her since she was a baby and this just recently started happening about a week and a half ago. Sometimes she will get a burst of energy and be really active and want out to play and then the next she is in a corner looking really well I guess I would describe it as dead? When I stroke her she will open her eye's but then go back to how she was. She has only picked at her food like one bug here or there and she has completely stopped eating her greens. I have no Idea what it could be but I am really worried for her.
    My advice would be to take her to see a vet ASAP! It is best to be safe than sorry, especially when you say she is acting "dead"... Please let us know how she is doing.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    How old are your UVB lights? Name and brand? Mesh lid tank, right? How far she is from the basking spot to the mesh?

Has she laid eggs for you yet? Do you have an egg laying hide in there?

What type of substrate do you use? Do you feel any bumps around her belly, back? Any tremors, legs not moving, or other physical sign of abnormality?

Most exotic vets are idiots and will almost always suggest deworming without diagnosing properly.