Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,000

0 members and 3,000 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Lace/white lace

Thanks

Lace/white lace

I’m thinking about adding the lace gene to my collection this coming year. Especially if I have good luck with this years clutches so I’ll have a bit extra to invest in some good animals. I LOVE the looks of the white lace super form combos I’ve seen, especially with yellow belly in the mix. But I have trouble seeing the markers in the single gene that differentiate it from normals in pictures. I can see differences in some combos but it’s subtle to me. I’m wondering if it’s easier to tell with t he animal I’m person.

I appreciate any input on the markers. Pictures won’t hurt either.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    I'm interested in learning more about this morph as well. I'm not sure if anybody here works with it, based on morphmarket, not many are, all the ones listed are from just a few of the same breeders. I really like what it does in its super form but from what I've seen, lace on it's own is subtle. I'd like to see how it interacts with more genes, especially dark morphs. Right now the only ones I've been interested are way up there in price but if I see more combos and think it could do some cool new stuff to what I work with then it might be worth getting just the base morph and making my own combos with it. Hopefully we hear from some people that work with it.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Lace/white lace

Scott Seavey has shown me in-person on three separate occasions how to identify the Lace gene. Unless the patterning is obvious: I still can't see it. White Lace (the homozygous form) is obvious of course.

I was also taught a trick to ID Lace by another breeder (examining specific scale coloration under magnification), but, imo very unreliable and not sure if it is even a legit method.
    *.* TNTC

Thanks

Re: Lace/white lace

That makes me feel good about not evening able to ID single gene lace animals. Sounds like when I’m ready to get one I need to invest in the super firm so there won’t be any questioning if it’s there or not. Especially until I can start to pick up any identifiers.
    I’m curious to see how it does in certain combos as well. I bet the white lace will do great things with some dark combos. I’m personally wanting to mix it with mystic and calico, and see where it goes from there.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk