Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,278

0 members and 2,278 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Is this a head wobble?

I have now fixed the temperatures, my tank "vivexotic reptiview maxi" has a built in heat mat holder with glass.
    I had attached cork to the 2 side panels, to hopefully keep more heat inside, as I didn't buy this cage for the view, but for the top opening lid. I have now fixed the temps by placing 2 large bits of slate over the heat mat holders glass pane, this SEEMS to have sorted the temps, along with getting a smaller hide that holds the heat much better with it's thick walls.
    He still seems to do this whenever he comes outside of his hide and looks around:
    https://imgur.com/a/Uov42XR
    https://imgur.com/a/LjbKl9O

He keeps trying to jam his head between the guard and the glass, not sure if he is just a little dopey or trying to get hotter, even though the temps are all fine now.

Another problem I am having is trying to figure out if I should feed him sooner than 5 days after arrival.
    He was fed on the 3rd, arrived on the 12th and won't be fed until the 17th if I wait the 5 days, but isn't this a bit long for a snake this small? For his age the reptile courier said he was very small, I think it was born around November as it's listing on morphmarket was first posted November 9th.
    Should I cut the 5 days a little short and feed him or continue waiting 5 days, or maybe a little longer since I have had to make a couple of largeish renovations to his home which may have disturbed him more than I would have liked
    Thank you for the help

Thanks

Re: Is this a head wobble?

I should probably also mention, that level of activity is only for about 30mins once or twice a day, rest of the time he is in his hot hide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12