Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,807

1 members and 2,806 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Threaded View

Thanks

Tree Frogs and Skink Enclosures

Hello,
    This storyline will be for my exotic animals that I own. I will showcase my White's Tree Frogs in their new enclosure, Southeastern Five Lined Skinks that are soon to get a new enclosure, and my newest group in my care the southern United States tree frogs. Squirrel tree frogs and Cope's gray tree frogs will be the only mixed frog species for this trio of enclosures. I hope to provide entertaining information about my animals that may be applicable to you if you own or are thinking of owning one of these species.

Another goal is to share their lives with all of you. I hope that my experiences with feeding, husbandry, parasites, and many others things that come up will be useful to you as well. I will be posting many pictures and maybe links time from time to videos that I make featuring these animals.

Next I will be breaking down the enclosures and the lighting I will be using for these animals.

Exo Terra XL 36x18x36
    White's Tree Frogs
    Southeastern Five Lined Skinks

Exo Terra 18x18x24
    Southern Tree Frogs

I really enjoy Exo Terra Terrariums with the dual doors, and their look. I really like having something I can open the doors to grab my skinks if need be. All of the animals like the terrariums better then aquariums as well. I also like the sizes these terrariums come in. I am going with the largest size for my large trio of Dumpy tree frogs that I call "The Dumpy Family" and another one for my skinks that I call "The Skink Dynasty." This enclosure will allow both groups to spread out and enjoy a spacious habitat. I am unsure of the Southern Tree Frogs because this is the first time for me building them a vivarium and I am unsure how big they need a habitat. If I need to go higher for them I will.

Lighting will be unique for all three vivariums. I will use the Exo Terra Canopy 36" light that will split the difference between the two XL enclosures. This fixture has heat and UVB bulbs that are essential to both groups of animals. Next is a 48" Odyssea T5 quad fixture. This light fixture will come on and off and will also provide heat. Hopefully these two fixtures will provide a lot of lights, look nice together, and keep the enclosures warm and toasty. I will be using compact Zoo Med bulbs with UVB and another clamp light for the 18x18x24 enclosure.

All three enclosures will have a Monsoon Multi hooked up to it. One monsoon will control misting for all three builds. Two sprayers will be placed into each terrarium and I will possibly set the misting system up on a timer and cycle it depending on the season, or I'll just turn it on when I feel like it. I am hopeful all the animals will like this and it will spoil them. I love this misting system and it's just enough fo each enclosure to get misted.

All three enclosures will be kept together side by side on a stand made for them. I am hoping to hear many different frog calls while building and caring for these animals. I am excited to share their stories with you and I hope moving forward building all of their enclosures it will be beneficial to anyone who reads this. Below are pictures of the animals.

Let the Exotic Animal Storyline Begin!

Thanks!

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AAronCap; 02-10-2020 at 05:33 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AAronCap For This Useful Post:

Bodie (02-10-2020),Bogertophis (02-18-2020),lew-e (02-10-2020)