Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,986

0 members and 1,986 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Remodeled tub

Thanks

Remodeled tub

Hello, I have a 2000 gram girl that I’ve had for a year. She is in a tub that is totally blacked out except for a 4x6 “window” in the front. Until today I had a hide on both ends. The hide on the cool end blocked the “window” before. Today I decided to remove the hides and see how she does. For the last few hours every time I check on her she’s just staring out the window. What are your thoughts? Is that normal? What signs should I watch for that she is stressed?

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Remodeled tub

Since you say most of the tub does not transmit light she is probably so accustomed to the environment enough after a year that hides are not necessary. She is probably interested in what is going on outside and if she is stressed she will withdraw to the back corner of the tub where it is darkest.

I would provide something heavy enough that she can press/coil against for security/remove shed. For larger ball pythons: this is usually the water feature in my enclosures.

If she really dislikes the new configuration then going off of food and not eating would be the main indicator to observe.
    Last edited by Lord Sorril; 02-11-2020 at 06:08 AM.
    *.* TNTC