Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,823

1 members and 2,822 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Drool. Help!

Thanks

Drool. Help!

Please help. My BCI female is drooling A LOT—her neck was puffy and when pressure applied, saliva poured out of her mouth. I have not seen any signs of illness other than this; her breathing was fine and she just ate two days ago. She recently shed, too. Should she see a vet? I don't want to stress her out even more, but if i need to I will. Her humidity is at 70% and her ambient temp is around 73° while her basking/warm temp is 90°. Thanks!

Thanks
    Only need to post once. For one your cool side should never fall below 76. Ideally should be 78-80. Snake breathing with its mouth open or randomly yawning at all? Are you sure it was saliva, is it continuous or does it stop? Was she in her cage when this happened or out? Sometimes water will flush back out after they take a drink.

Thanks

Re: Drool. Help!

my apologies. i was posting on different forums to see if i could get an answer quicker. i heard that their cool side should be around 72° and i apologize for being misinformed. she isn't breathing with her mouth open and she hasn't yawned at all. i'm almost positive it was saliva, as it was clear and didn't appear to be mucus. It stopped after I got everything out, but I haven't checked again since to see if it has begun to build up again or not. She was in her tank.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laio View Post
    my apologies. i was posting on different forums to see if i could get an answer quicker. i heard that their cool side should be around 72° and i apologize for being misinformed. she isn't breathing with her mouth open and she hasn't yawned at all. i'm almost positive it was saliva, as it was clear and didn't appear to be mucus. It stopped after I got everything out, but I haven't checked again since to see if it has begun to build up again or not. She was in her tank.
    Bubbles coming out of her nose or anything? Do you hear a wheezing, clicking, or popping sound when she breathes?

definitely up those temps. Warm side 88-90 cool side 78-80, now lower than 76. I don’t let mine fall below 77.

Thanks

there is a clicking sound, but it isn't persistent. it only occurs when i handle her.

and alrighty! will do immediately.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Vet trip as soon as you can. Could be an impacted tooth, infection or nothing. A good Vet is worth it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laio View Post
    there is a clicking sound, but it isn't persistent. it only occurs when i handle her.

and alrighty! will do immediately.
    wouldn’t hurt to get her looked at by a vet then. With the clicking sound and the lower temps you had, it could be an RI. I’d say get her checked out.