Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,830

2 members and 2,828 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Re: HELP! Currently driving the struggle bus of boa husbandry!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBoa_Schi View Post
    HOLY CRAP!! The braining worked!!! Clyde FINALLY ate after 5 weeks.

And I am here to tell you I have never owned a snake before this and about pissed myself when he actually grabbed that thing. It’s a good thing we aren’t supposed to handle him for a while after eating because I’m going to have the heebs for a while after that.

I really can’t tell you how relieved I am that he finally ate. After you all check out the pics... I’m anxious to hear what we could/should be doing better.

Also... I watched him swallow the whole thing and afterward he did have a mouth full of substrate. He’ll be ok... right? After he curled up for a bit, he came back out and started sniffing around the area he ate. Like he is SNIFFING, pretty active and roaming around his cage. Don’t laugh.. I’m only used to dogs and cats. Does this mean he’s still hungry? Did that mouse look too small?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol still makes me jump sometimes I've had my boas well over 10yrs,they just appear from no where sometimes and bam. Most of the time mine are at the glass when I'm defrosting there food
    You can see why we recommend to Feed from tongs
    The hit Pretty hard sometimes, remember snakes have a great sense of smell, so he was still in food mode, that's why people say about not. Moving them from a feeding tub and back again after they have eaten, I always feed in there viv/tank, it's an accident waiting to happen.
    If your worried about the substrate sticking then you can always put a lid or bit of cardboard down and remove it at a safe time later

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: HELP! Currently driving the struggle bus of boa husbandry!!

It's awesome that he ate, congrats!

Looks like a nice enclosure he'll be able to grow into. I would suggest swapping the hides for two that are much smaller to increase his sense of security.

Also, what kind of daytime bulb are you using? Is that one a heat lamp as well or just regular incandescent? Sometimes the spotlight or basking reptile bulbs help provide a more focused heat source.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12