Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,330

1 members and 1,329 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Looking fir canadian breeders

Hey people, I am looking to buy my first bp now that my enclosure setup is done. I see plenty if bp for rehoming in local adds but...to be perfectly honest, since I can't know for sure about their past care, I would rather get a juvenile from a reputable canadian breeder.

You guys and gals have any experience with canadian breeders that I can trust for shipping and quality? I am looking fir regular type morphs, nothing too costly. 200 to 500$ range and I tend to love yellow on bps!

Envoyé de mon MAR-LX3A en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks
    I'm on the West Coast, so not a lot of experience with East Cost breeders. Unfortunately, the breeder we used to purchase from passed away last year, but we've also bought from Ballistic Ball Pythons (Manitoba) and Deadly Fit (Vancouver Island). We bought from Deadly Fit at an expo, but Ballistic shipped to us with no issues. We also breed ball pythons and ship, but you're asking for other recommendations, so I can't really say I'm an impartial voice there, haha!

That being said, you've also got the Toronto Reptile Expo coming up this weekend if you can make the trip! https://reptileexpo.ca/ It looks like it will be really fun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini Pythons For This Useful Post:

Mike Beaulieu (01-23-2020)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Bonjour, Mike!

I'm not sure where in Quebec you are located, but you might check out the Pointe-Claire Reptile Expo. It's happening March 29th. https://reptileexpo.ca/tc-events/poi...march-29-2020/ I travel up to the Montreal area frequently and I have visited a couple of reptile stores. I have visited Magazoo and Monarch reptiles in person, and I have attempted to visit Reptile Concept, but every time they are closed, or have unexpectedly moved, etc. Based on cleanliness and outward appearance, I would suggest Monarch over Magazoo. I don't have any experience with specific breeders themselves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tila For This Useful Post:

Mike Beaulieu (01-23-2020)

Thanks

Re: Looking fir canadian breeders

Quote Originally Posted by Tila View Post
    Bonjour, Mike!

I'm not sure where in Quebec you are located, but you might check out the Pointe-Claire Reptile Expo. It's happening March 29th. https://reptileexpo.ca/tc-events/poi...march-29-2020/ I travel up to the Montreal area frequently and I have visited a couple of reptile stores. I have visited Magazoo and Monarch reptiles in person, and I have attempted to visit Reptile Concept, but every time they are closed, or have unexpectedly moved, etc. Based on cleanliness and outward appearance, I would suggest Monarch over Magazoo. I don't have any experience with specific breeders themselves.
    Salut!

I was planning on going to visit both reptiles concept and monarch this afternoon. I did see the expo at the end of march but....my enclosure is ready and its calling for its baby! Haha I think both those places have snakes from breeders so I am happy with that.

Thanks for the info.

Envoyé de mon MAR-LX3A en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks everyone, I found my BP !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Beaulieu For This Useful Post:

dr del (01-29-2020)