Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,973

0 members and 2,973 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Advice on BRB search

Hello,

So now that I have a few "beginner" snake species, I've been looking into getting a hatchling/juvenile BRB. I would like to get a red one (male), which I understand are more of a demand.

My thoughts are as to how I would go about finding one, or if this is a waiting game. I was told a wait-list would likely be necessary. If that's the case, which breeders should I be looking at for quality, or even clutch production rates? Is there a time of the year that they're more available, or is it a right place, right time kind of thing?

I'll be going to the White Plains expo next month, but I'm unsure as to whether or not they're common there.

Any advice/pointers?

Thank you

1.0 Pumpkin Pied "Dante", 1.0 Crystal Ball "Icarus", 1.0 Mystic Potion "Galahad"

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I almost went with a BRB a few years ago but decided to go another direction...

But, I had spoken to Cliff at Living Gems. He's awesome!!! He did have a waiting list when I spoke to him, but honestly, it's probably worth the wait. At this point, I've got other plans, but if I were to add a BRB it would almost definitely come from Cliff.

I've also heard really good things about Rainbows R Us.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Awesomethepossum (01-21-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: Advice on BRB search

I had a great experience with KD Selective Creations when getting my carpet cross. The last I checked he also breeds BRBs. He breeds some insane looking snakes.

Edited to say it may be Colombian Rainbow Boas that he produces, not sure if he does both.
    Last edited by WhompingWillow; 01-21-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Awesomethepossum (01-21-2020)

Thanks

I've been chatting with someone from Hardin Herpetologica, and just finished emailing Rainbows-r-us. He's pairing his snakes, and is asking for a downpayment. Hoping to have enough to go around (is there ever a case with waitlists when this doesnt happen?)

Hardin Herp has a neat male available right now for $300, but I'm awful at looking at these and saying what will be a vibrant adult. The mother is a deep red, father is a hypo.

Would you recommend I put down a deposit with RRU and wait?

1.0 Pumpkin Pied "Dante", 1.0 Crystal Ball "Icarus", 1.0 Mystic Potion "Galahad"
    Last edited by Awesomethepossum; 01-21-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks

Edit: Downpayment is $200. Not $300

I know I just posted the question asking, but I I think I'm gonna play it safe and place a deposit. The other breeders you mentioned have lovely snakes as well. I just keep hearing great things of Rainbows r Us. The hesitance here had more to do with my own impatience as well