Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,108

0 members and 3,108 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Cleaning REALLY large pieces of wood

Quote Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    I just feel like spraying them down isn't enough. Would soaking in the F10 be an option? It's not toxic? So I wouldn't need to soak it out, if I did do that, I guess.
    I've used f10 to clean wood before just like when I clean out my tubs/tanks. Dilute it spray everything really good and wash with a hose after. Then I just let it air dry.

Sean
    “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”

FDR

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, a cheap heat gun from Harbor Freight will kill any nasty eggs an such. For big pieces I’ve used an old horse trough to salt soak for a few days. Then rinse an clean soak. Let dry then break the heat gun out. A heat gun is great for sterilization for cages an tanks also.

Good luck !

Thanks
    I use a diluted vinegar + water along with sun-baking for my larger ones. Kills anything that could be icky but isn't dangerous to the scalies.
    Some girls were horse girls growing up. I was a snake girl.

Daughter of a herpetologist, student of the "Snake Man" Al Robbins, lover of all animals.
    Finished my M.B.S! Currently employed with grassmere outreach!

I specialize in rehabilitation and work with local fish and wildlife for rehab/release of native species. For exotics I work with reptile sanctuaries to rehabilitate and rehome to either qualified private owners or humane licensed facilities. I do not believe in fatal population control.
    Please feel free to message me with any questions. I don't know everything but I can point you towards resources.
    Do not message me with images of a snake you killed to identify it. I will ignore you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12