Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,593

0 members and 2,593 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

How long to wait to feed

Hello!

I was curious if I need to wait to feed my BP and if so, for how long. I've had her around a month, but I just moved her into a new terrarium and she's been exploring and whatnot. She was in shed last meal, and refused it, so it's been nearly two weeks since she ate. She's around 5-6 months old so is still eating every week. I'm just wondering if I need to wait for her to settle into her new terrarium before I feed her again, or if I can feed her whenever. I just don't want to risk regurgitation

Photo of Lillith cause she's cute

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    A BP that is actively exploring will probably refuse to eat, so it's probably better to wait until she settles down some...might be a matter of days, or a week or more.

BPs are ambush-predators, & most likely to take food in evening, when looking out of their hide for a clueless rodent to wriggle on past them. So when you start seeing
    that behavior, that's probably the best time to offer. Wish I could tell you how long that will be but every snake is an individual.

I know how much better we feel when our snakes are eating regularly, especially when they're young & growing...but they're also quite resilient, so just be patient &
    watch for the telltale signs of hunger. (like intensely watching motion, even if it's only your fingers thru the glass)
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (01-18-2020),SpiderLillith (01-19-2020)

Thanks

Re: How long to wait to feed

She's actually a pretty good eater, albeit lazy and gentle. The last meal I offered was the only one she's rejected, but she shed literally that night so I can't blame her. I usually feed her on Sundays so I'll probably just wait til then.
    Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Registered User Bumblebee my snake's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How long to wait to feed

If I were you I would wait til your snake settles down. She probably won't eat while exploring her new cage. Cute little spider ball python!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bumblebee my snake For This Useful Post:

SpiderLillith (01-19-2020)