Our male BP is just over 6 months old and currently around 280 grams. He was on live when we got him and I fed live rat pups the first couple weeks until I felt he was settled in. The first time I tried a F/T pup he did not take it initially but I set it on top of his hide and about 10 minutes later he ate it. The next week I tried F/T again (from the same supply) and nothing, he showed a little interest but never struck. Tried again a week later and nothing so I went ahead and got him another small live rat. Next week I tried another F/T and again nothing. He showed interest but did not strike and I left it in all night. Nest week another live and he took it perfectly and very quickly (this was the day after X-mas). A week later I tried another F/T and nothing and the next week he started to show signs of shed so I didn't feed him. It was two weeks since last live and since he had gone 2 weeks and a fresh shed I tried another F/T. This time he seemed more interested in it and at one point he very lightly struck it but did not coil and let it go about a second later. I went ahead and got him another live today and he again grabbed it instantly. He will hit a live rat the second it hits the ground and gets within striking range but the F/T he will slowly approach them.

Just for some background I have been letting the F/T thaw in the room (the last one on top of his cage). I check them and ensure completely thawed and check the body temp with my heat gun. I hit them with the hair drier prior to trying and get the temps at the head around 95 degrees or so. I have tried different methods of movements etc. I will blast them with the hair dryer several times after they have cooled off. He doesn't seem scared of them, he will get in a striking pose and follow it as I move it and will some times get nose to nose with it. I have tried F/T from two different suppliers now and he reacted about the same to both. I have tried live from 2 different suppliers and he gets them instantly. Being fairly young I don't want him to miss too many meals but I don't want to be setting myself back by reverting back to live. Should I try F/T once a week for several weeks and see if he gets hungry enough to take one? I don't want to stress him out either way. Didn't know if I should just go live for a few weeks in a row to keep him happy or if I should try a F/T each week?