Hello, this may be my first post but I have been reading these forums since the beginning of last year to ensure I knew everything I needed to know before I bought my beautiful female CBP Ramona. I bought her for 60 in June last year( original owner only asked for 30 but I was too happy to let the lady take that kind of loss) because she felt that with another baby on the way she couldn't give Ramona the attention she deserves. Anyways with Ramona I received her 60 glass aquarium, digital therma/hygro, two matching rock shaped hides, water dish, big bag of extra Cypress mulch, uth.
Anyways as far as I can tell all her temps and everything seem to be pretty on point. But to get it there I had to buy a ceramic heat lamp with no light. I think she just over 300g in june and last month my scale broke but she was just over 600g and the rats were between 60g - 70g she gets one a week unless she is shedding ( which Everytime has gone smoothly with a one piece shed). The way I understand all that is pretty decent husbandry buty concern is she hardly ever seems to wanna be there. If I walk by her tank (sits by the front door) she will raise her head and about 6 to 8 inches and follow me. So I reach in and she wraps around my arm and crawls on up. So I've taken it as a sign she wants attention but now it seems she spends most days sleeping in my hoodie pocket or riding around on my wrist while I drive or shop and alot of nights relaxing either on my wrist, neck or lap while I do school work. She never hides her head unless somebody moves to quick towards her and I actually never hold her I leave it to her. She has only hissed once but I was cleaning her poop up and didn't know she was about to shed and had eye caps. She never seems to have the desire to go anywhere except my other arm or wrap on my neck. Any words of advice or criticism are greatly appreciated especially because I haven't seen any mention of a BP being handled nearly this much. On a side note its 530 am as I finish this up she has been attached to me almost 24 hours I washed her water dish and filled it up and she climbed up my hand up my arm then down my hoodie and came to rest in my pocket until nightfall when she popped her head out and watched me do my online college classwork for an hour or so before deciding she wanted to do laps around my body. Mostly the reason I don't put her up is because when I try she kinda constricts around my arm or neck a little bit more than normal and if I gently pry her off she will do everything she can to get back around my arm. I do want to stress that she is almost always willing to be held by a stranger for a few minutes before coming back to me. She never hissed or hides her head. Never strikes and I pretty much never hold her. I give her the occasional redirection if she tries to slither off but I never have a grip, she clings to me.