Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,896

1 members and 2,895 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Who to go with?? AP vs Boamaster vs Boaphile vs Reptile Basics

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I use all AP cages so my experience might be limited. I have 3 T25 as well as a couple T15 and a couple A8. Sold off all my T8 as I feel they are too low in height.

I had a retic and a couple boas in my T25s which worked fine. I would opt for the shelf option as you can remove it if wanted but it adds a decent amount of floor space. I used flexwatt for heating. RHPs are good too, I use those on my A8s for my GTPs.

Right now I got 2 gilas and 1 beaded lizard in my T25s and still use the flexwatt set on a Herpstat 6 which also runs the cage lighting. Can’t go wrong with AP but be prepared for a wait.

Forgot to add, I have sliding glass doors on all my cages with locks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That stack of t25's is perfect, just what I would end up doing.... Is that an AP base also?? and do you mind telling me what the total height is of that?

I would definitely go for the shelf option to give the snakes some climbing area and to be able to get out of the substrate if they wanted.

Thanks for the pic and the input

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (01-06-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well you've had experience will all of them, I appreciate your input on these.....

The t25 is what I would buy from them, freight is like 230.00 on those though now if they can ship 3 on thee same pallet for a little extra for the weight that would be great.... sent them an email asking that question, just waiting for a response.

call them. You’ll have better luck in my experience

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Waterman For This Useful Post:

Gocntry (01-06-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I have zero experience with any of the manufacturers you mentioned, except Boaphile. I have nothing bad to say about any of the others, but I have exclusively boaphile tanks.

All 13 of my tanks are Boaphile tanks. I've had really good success with them. Jeff Ronne, the Boaphile, is a good guy and a straight shooter. He will tell you what you need given room temp, animal requirements, etc.

He does everything from helping you design the tank to installing all the heating elements, vents, etc. He also ships the tanks assembled (except for 6 and 8FT tanks which will come in 3FT or 4FT pieces that join easily).

I have not compared prices, but I imagine Boaphiles are a little more given that they come ready to go. For me, it was worth it in the beginning as I didn't know too much about the different options and wanted to deal with one person. After I had a bunch of his tanks, it made sense to keep going down that road. I have 3 stacks of tanks and have had them for about two years (give or take) and really like them.

Jeff is terrible with emails (he admits it too). However, he is great with calls. Call the number on his website and he will answer or call back in short order.
    Thanks for your input...
    I've read your thread about these, shipping might make the price a bit higher being they are assembled, I like the bolt together aspect and the right angle boxes that's a good idea... I might get a hold of him and see if he will work with 1/2" or that's a no can do... he does have lots of options that can be added also.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

dakski (01-06-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

That stack of t25's is perfect, just what I would end up doing.... Is that an AP base also?? and do you mind telling me what the total height is of that?

I would definitely go for the shelf option to give the snakes some climbing area and to be able to get out of the substrate if they wanted.

Thanks for the pic and the input
    Thanks. Yes, that’s an AP base. The base is 8 inches tall. The whole thing is like 62 inches. I’m 5’10” or so and it’s perfect height.

Also, they do ship 3 on 1 pallet. That’s how I had mine shipped.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gocntry (01-07-2020)

Thanks

I say AP all the way. I have a boaphile and it's pretty solid, but doesn't compare to my APs. They're solid and they let you customize every which way to Sunday.

I have a stack of T10's, a customized T16 for a beardie, and an AP 25 on the way with shelves and perch holders installed.

I recommend getting the shelf as it practically gives extra space, as well as ordering a heat panel from pro products and having it drop shipped for them to install. The wait is excruciating, but you will not regret it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

Gocntry (01-08-2020)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AP will be the best product with the best customer service the only downside is lead time which can be up to 16 weeks so you always need to plan ahead.

Chris at Herptastic is also a great choice with shorted lead time.
    Deborah Stewart

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Gocntry (01-08-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avsha531 View Post
    I say AP all the way. I have a boaphile and it's pretty solid, but doesn't compare to my APs. They're solid and they let you customize every which way to Sunday.

I have a stack of T10's, a customized T16 for a beardie, and an AP 25 on the way with shelves and perch holders installed.

I recommend getting the shelf as it practically gives extra space, as well as ordering a heat panel from pro products and having it drop shipped for them to install. The wait is excruciating, but you will not regret it

Also forgot to mention, I have the sliding doors on all. Makes feeding hungry pythons less scary lol

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Ive had them all and nothing is like AP. Ive sold all the others and also just ordered another AP. Yes I wait 4 months ever time but when you make these kinds of purchases waiting is worth it. Safety, ease of design and material are top priorities. Ive had problems with the gauge pvc used in other enclosures all the way to their pvc glues coming apart. I had a Burm push the backing off a Boaphile. Thats a high dollar enclosure that I new was a top name so I bought one. Ended up being 1/8th pvc and glued together. At least AP is screwed together and you seal it. My Vision PVC was so flimsy even though it’s one piece the floor warped and swelled up and formed that way because of the heat from the RHP and Tape. The tracts are junk. I have now had AP’s for several years without a single complaint during the same time as the others. I have one last enclosure coming to replace a Boaphile and then all mine are AP. As the saying goes, all good things come to those who wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Gocntry (01-08-2020)

Thanks

Thank Everyone for all the replies.....

Looks like AP is the way to go, No issue on the wait my sneks are good in their enclosures for now.

Now how about the options??

As I have zero experience with pvc enclosures.... I'm using glass right now tanks and terrarium's

I would order cage locks and basking shelves as a definite.

Led lighting? Is is worth being preinstalled? I would get the blue color, or should I just add some from Amazon after I get the cages?

Is the standard venting on the cages ok? or have them add the extra screened vents?

And belly heat vs rhp? These will be in a room where I can control temperature and humidity I can keep the ambient temps at 75-78 in the winter
    and humidity at 50% minimum

So should I just get belly heat or if I go for the RHP's can I skip belly heat and just use those or go for both?

This is going to be a large cost so I want to get the options that are worth getting so everything is basically ready to go

Thanks again everyone!!

Thanks

Thank Everyone for all the replies.....

Looks like AP is the way to go, No issue on the wait my sneks are good in their enclosures for now.

Now how about the options??

As I have zero experience with pvc enclosures.... I'm using glass right now tanks and terrarium's

I would order cage locks and basking shelves as a definite.

Led lighting? Is is worth being preinstalled? I would get the blue color, or should I just add some from Amazon after I get the cages?

Is the standard venting on the cages ok? or have them add the extra screened vents?

And belly heat vs rhp? These will be in a room where I can control temperature and humidity I can keep the ambient temps at 75-78 in the winter
    and humidity at 50% minimum

So should I just get belly heat or if I go for the RHP's can I skip belly heat and just use those or go for both?

This is going to be a large cost so I want to get the options that are worth getting so everything is basically ready to go

Thanks again everyone!!
    I personally use RHPs that Bob at Pro Products drop ships to them directly to install, with no belly heat. I run my thermostat probe through the hole they drill for the RHP wire and keep the probe wire in the router channel from the RHP wire. But if the room stays at 75-78 all the time you can just use belly heat, they come standard with channels routed on the right, left, and center of the bottom of the enclosure for thermostat probes.

I personally just have them install the LED, I tried doing it myself on one with Amazon LED strip and it turned into a PIA disaster. They route a channel for it in the back which makes it clean and neat. I prefer it in the back, but you can request if you want the strip closer to the front of middle. I use white, and since they don't come with easy on off switches I bought a power strip with individual switches per outlet and use that to control lighting in my stack.

I have issues with winter humidity, so I personally request less vents. But if your reptile room always has 50% humidity you should be fine with standard venting. Definitely no need for extra screen vents unless it's for an animal (like we did for our beardie cage) that requires lower humidity.

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python