Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,826

1 members and 1,825 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Which morphs make for low white pied?

Just doing some research on future breeding projects and I'd like to get some ideas on which morphs make for higher percentage of low white pieds. I know a few that are known for making high white but I can't remember reading about any that are known for low white. I personally love a good 50/50 white/pattern pied myself but I'll take a low white before a high white. Anyway, if you know any morphs that typically make more low white pieds please share.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Which morphs make for low white pied?

Enchi tends to make some great low white pieds.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

rufretic (01-04-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Enchi tends to make some great low white pieds.
    Thanks! That's good news because that is one of the genes I already have in the mix of my project. I have seen a lot of enchi pieds and now thinking back, most of them did have pretty low white.

The other two genes I already have in the project are pastel and yellow belly. As far as I know, these two seem to be pretty even with how much white they have when pied.

I have many other genes I could potentially add. One I'd really like to add that I'm not sure if it makes for high or low white is orange dream.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Thanks! That's good news because that is one of the genes I already have in the mix of my project. I have seen a lot of enchi pieds and now thinking back, most of them did have pretty low white.

The other two genes I already have in the project are pastel and yellow belly. As far as I know, these two seem to be pretty even with how much white they have when pied.

I have many other genes I could potentially add. One I'd really like to add that I'm not sure if it makes for high or low white is orange dream.
    Pastel Pied can be as variable as a regular pied when it comes to pattern (low, high and 50/50), same for YB Pied

If you want to influence one way or another Enchi will be produce low to no white pieds and Black Pastel or Cinnamon will be high white pied same with Spider.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

rufretic (01-04-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    Pastel Pied can be as variable as a regular pied when it comes to pattern (low, high and 50/50), same for YB Pied

If you want to influence one way or another Enchi will be produce low to no white pieds and Black Pastel or Cinnamon will be high white pied same with Spider.
    Perfect thank you!
    I know you work with leopard as well, does it seem to influence how much white one way or the other?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Perfect thank you!
    I know you work with leopard as well, does it seem to influence how much white one way or the other?
    It will usually reduce the pattern for example when mix with enchi as well in Pied it will re-establish a 50/50 balance.
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

rufretic (01-05-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    It will usually reduce the pattern for example when mix with enchi as well in Pied it will re-establish a 50/50 balance.
    Very helpful to know, thank you I probably will add it then since I will have enchi in the mix and I like the leopard combos I can get in the animals that don't hit pied.

This is a long term DR project that will have many animals involved. Main goal is desert ghost pied but I want to use animals that have multiple other genes, yb, od, enchi, pastel and leopard. Should end up making a lot of really nice combos and if I hit any of the DR combos with multiple other genes they should be outstanding!

Thanks

I'm on my phone so I cant post the picture but trick pieds are supposed to be low white. I believe you have a trick right? I'd say go ahead and put that in your pied project. Now unfortunately I lost both my pied and trick het pied last year so I can't prove this out my self anymore.
    Last edited by EDR; 01-05-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

rufretic (01-06-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    I'm on my phone so I cant post the picture but trick pieds are supposed to be low white. I believe you have a trick right? I'd say go ahead and put that in your pied project. Now unfortunately I lost both my pied and trick het pied last year so I can't prove this out my self anymore.

I don't have any trick in my collection, I'm actually not even familiar with what it looks like but you sparked my interest so I'll have to research it now. Thanks for the info.

Thanks

I don't have any trick in my collection, I'm actually not even familiar with what it looks like but you sparked my interest so I'll have to research it now. Thanks for the info.
    Really? I haven't been on much so i guess i confused you for someone else whoops. I do still have the trick pied picture in my images though.
    Last edited by EDR; 01-06-2020 at 12:28 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast