Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,563

1 members and 3,562 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Registered User traveling_classicist's Avatar
    Thanks

Ball Active After Eating

Hi there. My baby ball just had her second rat ever tonight (I just switched her from mice to small rats last week). This one was quite large for a small and I was actually a little concerned about how big it was but she killed and ate it alright. Now, it's been about two hours since she ate it and she's still out and about, poking around her tank like she does when she's ready for food. Normally, she goes right into her hide on the warm side of the tank and stays there for a couple days so seeing her out still is worrying me.

There's no way she's still hungry after a meal like that. Her temps and humidity are all normal and haven't changed. All her hides are in there, she's got new water, temp hot is 89, temp cold is 75, humidity 62. Her lamp is off now but her heat pad is still on.

Any ideas? I'm concerned all the activity might make her regurgitate. Could it be a sign that she might regurgitate? She's never done that before.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,826 Times in 11,845 Posts
    Don't worry about it...actually handling her could incite a regurge, but not likely moving around by choice, unless the meal was just way too much for her to handle.
    If it was, it's too late now anyway. While she's not hungry, she may not "know that" yet: they can stay in "feed mode" for a long time (a few hours is nothing). It's
    much like when we eat fast & our own stomach hasn't yet said "enough!" but we get our own signals way faster than most snakes do, telling them they're "full".
    Just relax & ignore her.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

traveling_classicist (12-15-2019)

Registered User traveling_classicist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ball Active After Eating

Thanks. I'm sure I was just overreacting. No regurge and she went and hid just a while later. Just different behavior for her. All is well. Thanks again.