Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,166

2 members and 3,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Bright baby colors

Which morphs tend to hold their bright baby colors the best? Still shopping for a bright colored addition....

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I don't know a whole lot about morphs, but I can say this...
    Fire and vanilla are very similar and both known for holding their colors and aging well (at least I believe this is true). I have a vanilla boy who'll be turning 4 this year and his colors have actually improved in my opinion. His blushing is a bit more faded, his tan colors are a bit brighter and he seems to have more "pop" to his contrast.

But that's just my experience with one particular BP. I'm sure others will be along to help you out too.

Thanks

Bright baby colors

Which morphs tend to hold their bright baby colors the best? Still shopping for a bright colored addition....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    Desert ghost is by far the best morph for holding colors into adulthood, they basically look the same as they did as hatchlings as adults, some combos lighten a bit but I've never seen any other morph comparable. Desert ghost on it's own isn't a super bright snake though, it is an enhancer gene so it will enhance any combo it is added to, on it's own, it looks like a brighter better contrasting normal but once you add it to a simple gene like pastel, it makes a pure yellow and black snake and it will hold its colors into adulthood. I'll add an example picture of one of my adults in a minute.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: Bright baby colors

Desert ghost is by far the best morph for holding colors into adulthood, they basically look the same as they did as hatchlings as adults, some combos lighten a bit but I've never seen any other morph comparable. Desert ghost on it's own isn't a super bright snake though, it is an enhancer gene so it will enhance any combo it is added to, on it's own, it looks like a brighter better contrasting normal but once you add it to a simple gene like pastel, it makes a pure yellow and black snake and it will hold its colors into adulthood. I'll add an example picture of one of my adults in a minute.

Here is just a simple pastel DG, as you can see she is still bright yellow and black just as she was as a hatchling but now shes 3600 grams! Not even a bit of darkening like a typical pastel. DG will have the same affect on whatever combo you add it to. It's obviously my favorite morph for good reason haha, I have quite a few adults and they all look just as good as when they were hatchlings. I will be making all kinds of new DG combos this season, I'm super excited!

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rufretic; 12-07-2019 at 06:45 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Alexiel03 (12-08-2019),DaDe_Reptiles (12-20-2019),dr del (12-07-2019)

Thanks

I looked for Desert Ghost on Morph Market but sadly they are out of our price range. Just want a piece of eye candy as a pet..
    Considering a Firefly at this point. I do like Orange Dream but not sure if they may brown out as adults.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi2950 View Post
    I looked for Desert Ghost on Morph Market but sadly they are out of our price range. Just want a piece of eye candy as a pet..
    Considering a Firefly at this point. I do like Orange Dream but not sure if they may brown out as adults.
    normals don’t lose their color or brown out as adults.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DandD For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-07-2019)

Thanks

idk if i would call my bamboo bright, but she is definitely striking. The adults i have seen look very similar to the babies. You can see her in my avatar

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post

Here is just a simple pastel DG, as you can see she is still bright yellow and black just as she was as a hatchling but now shes 3600 grams! Not even a bit of darkening like a typical pastel. DG will have the same affect on whatever combo you add it to. It's obviously my favorite morph for good reason haha, I have quite a few adults and they all look just as good as when they were hatchlings. I will be making all kinds of new DG combos this season, I'm super excited!

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    Ya Beat me to it Rufretic lol
    I agree, you can't go wrong with DG! Only downside to it is that it is a recessive gene but I don't think there is any other gene that can top DG.
    Here are a few pics of my Desert Ghosts:

Bell line DG female

Male Pastel DG

Pastel DG breeding my Firefly girl, shows how clean and bright a pastel DG can be into adulthood.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexiel03 For This Useful Post:

rufretic (12-08-2019)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Here is a pic of my pastel DG breeding my firefly, the difference in color is unreal!
    It i were you I would start saving up some money if you want a nice DG, its worth it to get exactly what you want. The pastel DGs don't brown out like other pastel morphs normally do. Would definitely be some stunning eye candy as an adult

Orange dream is also very nice, but quality does matter with them for how they hold their color.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Alexiel03; 12-08-2019 at 04:40 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexiel03 For This Useful Post:

rufretic (12-08-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast