Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,267

4 members and 3,263 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Feeder Recommendations

Thinking of starting to order from Layne Labs, as they are closest to me here in Colorado that I can find, so shipping is pretty reasonable. Just wondering what people's experiences are with ordering from them. previously I have ordered from Perfect Prey simply because they have a good reputation that I have seen, but since they are on the east coast and I am not, shipping is a tiny bit outrageous.

Follow-up question: Is there anyone on here who lives in the Aurora area, or Denver Metro area that would want to split shipments with me? I only have 1 snake and no snake friends (sadly), so it's a little hard to fill my boxes. If anyone was interested in sharing a shipment, we could split the cost of shipping and both save a little money! And hey, who knows, maybe then I could also have a snake friend! (lol no pressure)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Re: Feeder Recommendations

I used Layne Labs a few years ago and they were great. They're a little more expensive than Perfect Prey and Big Cheese and the shipping charges were very steep to GA. I use PP or BC now.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Southpaw91 (12-06-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Check Facebook an Craigs list in your area an find local prey breeders. Same with snake groups. You'll find some people near you.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 303_enfield For This Useful Post:

Southpaw91 (12-06-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I used Layne Labs a few years ago and they were great. They're a little more expensive than Perfect Prey and Big Cheese and the shipping charges were very steep to GA. I use PP or BC now.
    Yeah I like perfect prey but I am in CO and the shipping from them is nearly $60! Pretty much negated the cheaper prices for their rats. Layne labs will ship to me for about $30 which is much easier to swallow lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Another former Layne Labs customer here. I'm in WA and the shipping was too crazy. If you can get shipping for $30, that's pretty awesome.

I'm using Rodent Barn out in Montana now, which is ~$30 shipping for me. They have great rodents as well, and haven't been nearly as bad as sending extra-small smalls as LL became for a while.
    Last edited by Alicia; 12-07-2019 at 05:24 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia For This Useful Post:

Southpaw91 (12-07-2019)

Thanks

anyone else using LL notice that their rodents are on the small side? I think I have seen someone else say that on here somewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    Another former Layne Labs customer here. I'm in WA and the shipping was too crazy. If you can get shipping for $30, that's pretty awesome.

I'm using Rodent Barn out in Montana now, which is ~$30 shipping for me. They have great rodents as well, and haven't been nearly as bad as sending extra-small smalls as LL became for a while.
    I was looking at rodent barn and their prices look really good and I like that you can buy in 10-packs, but I couldnt find a shipping calculator on their website. Although I wouldn't imagine MT to CO could be too terribly bad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw91 View Post
    I was looking at rodent barn and their prices look really good and I like that you can buy in 10-packs, but I couldnt find a shipping calculator on their website. Although I wouldn't imagine MT to CO could be too terribly bad
    Yeah, I do wish they had a calculator like LL. I had to get to shipping method on a test order (before it went on to payment info) before the site gave me a shipping quote. Sort of a slower way to find out, but it worked.