Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,979

1 members and 2,978 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Getting a used Exo Terra and Have a Cleaning Question!!

I'm planning on buying a used exo terra. Obviously I don't know this person as they are just selling it through the Facebook marketplace but its soooooo much cheaper than buying it new ($75 used vs $200-$300). My question is, what should I clean and disinfect it with? With my current BP and his current tank I haven't really had to disinfect yet and I keep on top of spot cleaning. If anyone has and DIY cleaning mixes they use please feel free to post your measurements and what not! I don't wanna make my snake sick when I move him into this bigger tank and since I don't know what was in this tank prior to me getting it and if it was sick with anything etc, I just wanna be cautious. Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Getting a used Exo Terra and Have a Cleaning Question!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAngellic View Post
    I'm planning on buying a used exo terra. Obviously I don't know this person as they are just selling it through the Facebook marketplace but its soooooo much cheaper than buying it new ($75 used vs $200-$300). My question is, what should I clean and disinfect it with? With my current BP and his current tank I haven't really had to disinfect yet and I keep on top of spot cleaning. If anyone has and DIY cleaning mixes they use please feel free to post your measurements and what not! I don't wanna make my snake sick when I move him into this bigger tank and since I don't know what was in this tank prior to me getting it and if it was sick with anything etc, I just wanna be cautious. Thanks!
    honestly...if your not going to use it right away...I always used 50/50 hot water/bleach. Rinse out really well then I usually go over with soapy water after then rinse well again then let air out until bleach smell is gone.

Thanks

I asked this same question because I bought a used tank as well. See my post on page two of BP Husbandry:
    Advice Needed Regarding a 2nd Hand Reptile Tank

Started by LeeAnnT99, 11-17-2019 02:14 PM

I was given a lot of good advice and my tank turned out great. Also, I left it out overnight (where the temp dropped below 30 degrees) after cleaning just to be sure nothing survived. Hope this helps!

Thanks

Thank you!! With it being winter and it dropping well below 30 where I live thats not a problem for me haha! I appreciate the reply and ill check out your forum post!