Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,219

3 members and 3,216 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

Selling quail eggs for monitors

Recently while vending a local reptile expo I had live near breeding age button quail and frozen day old hatchlings forsale. I've determined that offering live isn't worth the hassle of growing them out. I had 3-4 customers and other vendors inquire about eggs to feed their monitors. So listening to what customers want I decided I may start offering eggs. The issue is I know nothing about monitors and other egg eaters. Main question is how they should be offered forsale? Ie fresh, freshly laid then frozen... etc? Is it ethical to sell previously incubated eggs that failed to hatch then were frozen (basically my rejects)? I've checked several of the big online feeder suppliers and some of the local feeder suppliers and none seem to carry eggs so nothing to base this business model off of. If I proceed with offering eggs for sale how should they be packaged and in what quantity? I also recently acquired several coturnix quail so I may be able to offer both coturnix and button quail eggs.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Fresh quail eggs bring money. Even some people cook them. At the livestock auctions one dozen quail eggs will bring more then a dozen quail chicks. Check your local AG dept an see who sells. then you'll see if the price is worth your work.

I've never seen frozen eggs in shell for sale as they can't be frozen in the shell. Out of the shell is fine.
    Incubated eggs that didn't hatch would have a heavy bacteria load, don't sell them.

Now, if you post your button quail on some face book groups you'll sell out fast.

Good luck!

Just checked fleabay an this is what they sell for:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+eggs&_sacat=0
    Last edited by 303_enfield; 12-06-2019 at 11:54 PM.