Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,987

0 members and 2,987 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

SHOW ME YOUR ORANGE COLORED BP!!..No babies pls, but 2yo+ Orange hue &morph pls????

I have considered Bananas/Coral Glows which are stunning when young and pretty much unmatched but all I read and see with them is that the orange goes to yellow. Next I absolutely love the CLOWN gene, and when young its so unaturally and beautiful but i feel like from what i see, it doesnt hold well, looses its boldness and contrast....So.....with such drastic changes in coloration and hue and boldness, its so impossible to pick a snake that i like as I wish I could stop the clock and stop the change to come on so many babies I see because it seems like what I am seeing as babies and juv quickly goes away.......SO......Anyone have pics of the most orange "holding" maintaining combinations in your collection? LET ME SEE YOUR ORANGE HUES AND STATE YOUR GENE COMBO AND AGE OF YOUR BP PLS.......IS THERE ANY ORNAGE THAT LASTS??????????

Thanks

Re: SHOW ME YOUR ORANGE COLORED BP!!..No babies pls, but 2yo+ Orange hue &morph pls??

Sorry I don’t have any pics for you. I personally love the coral glows. I will tell you this though. Normals don’t ever lose color or patterns. #normalgang
    Last edited by DandD; 11-30-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks
    Yes I agree. I was a normal owner for 10yrs, about 20yrs ago. Someone I stumbled upon this morph revolution and fell down the rabbit hole of this morph revolution and i have been spending every waking hour on line looking at every single for sale specimen. And after falling in love with babies and juv snakes for sale for 3 weeks and over 100 saves to my wish list I started to do follow up research on each morph to bring myself up to speed and to educate myself and you have nailed my single biggest frustration...my normal never really changed much in 5plud years and yet I find/feel that all of the genes/morphs that I have fallen in love with in the last 3 weeks seem to go through unimaginable transformations ...so I find myself still on the hunt and I find myself searching for progression pics of all the morphs i love....thanks for sharing your"normal" comment but i definitely hold out hope and welcome all your BP pics of any orange hues, colors designs that are holding on, pls tell me I can find this to be true, I am so hopeful that they exist...SHOW ME YOUR ORANGE COLORATION PLS!!!!....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BPJD For This Useful Post:

DandD (11-30-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    Almost all morphs will not look as good as adults as they did as hatchlings but there is one that seems to hold color as an adult, Desert Ghost. It is an enhancer gene so you can take any combo you like and add DG to it and it should look great as an adult. I'm working with a couple different orange dream combos and adding desert ghost to them with the same goal, an orange adult snake. It is a little more time consuming because DG is a recessive gene but so far the DG adults I've seen have been just as beautiful as hatchlings. My adult orange dream enchi still has some beautiful orange sides but as a hatchling her whole body was orange. I'm hoping once I get DG into the mix I will have an all orange snake that won't fade as an adult.

For now the only adults I can think of that have orange is maybe some albino combos. I don't work with albino so I'm not sure but it's the only one I can think of.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

EDR (11-30-2019)

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: SHOW ME YOUR ORANGE COLORED BP!!..No babies pls, but 2yo+ Orange hue &morph pls??

Quote Originally Posted by BPJD View Post
    Anyone have pics of the most orange "holding" maintaining combinations in your collection? LET ME SEE YOUR ORANGE HUES AND STATE YOUR GENE COMBO AND AGE OF YOUR BP PLS
    Male High Orange Bumblebee (50% Het OG, 50% Het Pied) - 3 Years Old

*.* TNTC

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

Kam (12-03-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Almost all morphs will not look as good as adults as they did as hatchlings but there is one that seems to hold color as an adult, Desert Ghost. It is an enhancer gene so you can take any combo you like and add DG to it and it should look great as an adult. I'm working with a couple different orange dream combos and adding desert ghost to them with the same goal, an orange adult snake. It is a little more time consuming because DG is a recessive gene but so far the DG adults I've seen have been just as beautiful as hatchlings. My adult orange dream enchi still has some beautiful orange sides but as a hatchling her whole body was orange. I'm hoping once I get DG into the mix I will have an all orange snake that won't fade as an adult.

For now the only adults I can think of that have orange is maybe some albino combos. I don't work with albino so I'm not sure but it's the only one I can think of.
    Thanks for sharing your experience and info. The coral/glow bananas are unreal to start, literally look photo shopped but then......lol......I have been fining enchi and blk pastel to be great enhancers as well but I will most certainly get on the DG track to do my research. Pinstripe/Enchi/GHI added to the mix seem to help from what I have come across, but obviously I am not a breeder just an online "drooler" for the moment (looking to make a purchase)when I stumble across all of the juv for sale pics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    Male High Orange Bumblebee (50% Het OG, 50% Het Pied) - 3 Years Old

Incredible snake, 3yo, that's awesome coloration....yes I personally just started tracking down /looking into hi orange, and now its def on my list to research, thanks for sharing. ORANGE ARE YOU OUT THERE??????

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts
    I have an Enchi Lesser Ghost that has really held her orange colors well. Here are a couple pics of her. The group shot she is at the low right and she is about 3 months old. In the single photo she's about two years old.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

Bodie (12-02-2019),Kam (12-03-2019),Sonny1318 (12-01-2019)

Thanks
    Wow that's awesome. Held coloration great, lucky you, great looking BP. Much appreciate it.......Enchi livens everything up. Keep em coming and include genes. Thanks in advance.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BPJD For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (12-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Great ghost!

Kaos Balls

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (12-01-2019)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast