Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 885

3 members and 882 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Young female BP not shedding

Hi everybody my ball python hasn't shed for over two months and I am very worried. She was born in April of this year and I have had her since the first week in July. She has eaten weekly since that time. She has shed twice since then.

She last shed on the 3rd of September and since that time we have moved her twice which has involved taking her as carefully as possible in the car for 40 minutes before putting her back in her Vivarium. I have a good heat lamp and the two sides seem to be still at the right temperatures. I have tried increasing the humidity as I understand that can help with shedding.

I have noticed over the past two weeks that her scales are becoming flaky but nothing has changed (see picture) and am worried that this might be dysecdysis I dint think its skin rot. I asked my dad if I can take her to the vets (I have not used them yet but understand they could help) but he said to find some online help as they would probably know more so I am hoping someone can help.

Also, although she is eating weekly (small frozen/thawed mice from pets at home) she misses before she gets the mouse once twice or three times she drinks a huge amount of water and never really leaves the spot she’s in.

I am 13 and really love my snake (Vivienne) so really hope someone can advise the best thing to do.

Thanks

Re: Young female BP not shedding

You already posted this a few days ago, and received 1 answer,

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...86#post2719686