A couple months ago I got a milksnake. I sadly do not know what species as the seller was not sure. I have owned king and corn snakes in the past and have not had any issues with them. When I got my milksnake she (or at least I think its a she) musked on me. I expected this as I was warned she had not been handled much. Unlike with any of the snakes I have had in the past, the area she musked on my hand itched badly. I thought it was probably unrelated to the snake or was something in her environment, but it happened again the next time she musked. This has been happening every time she has musked on me. wherever she musks will itch, and if I do not wash it off quickly it will get slightly red. I also sneezed once after I walked into the room with her enclosure. It has been long enough that I am pretty sure it isn't something from her old environment. I currently also own a california king snake, and his musk does not cause me to itch or get red. The corn snake I used to own also did not cause this problem.

This has become enough of a problem that I may end up needing to rehome the snake if I can't find a solution.

Does anyone here have an idea of why this may be happening?