Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,360

2 members and 1,358 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: pink pee?

Thanks

pink pee?

my ball python peed, and when i looked at it part of it was tinted red. is he ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    If the rear end of the snake looks OK, chances are it just abraded something on its way out and picked up a little blood. This can happen with hard urates, and hard urates can be a sign of dehydration. Be sure to check your humidity to see if it is within proper levels, and always keep the water bowl filled.

If it was something to be concerned about, you would see lot more discoloration. I can't really see a lot in your picture. Just keep an eye on the urates for a while and if you keep seeing more of the same, take the snake to a reputable reptile vet and give yourself some peace of mind

Thanks

Re: pink pee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranulf View Post
    If the rear end of the snake looks OK, chances are it just abraded something on its way out and picked up a little blood. This can happen with hard urates, and hard urates can be a sign of dehydration. Be sure to check your humidity to see if it is within proper levels, and always keep the water bowl filled.

If it was something to be concerned about, you would see lot more discoloration. I can't really see a lot in your picture. Just keep an eye on the urates for a while and if you keep seeing more of the same, take the snake to a reputable reptile vet and give yourself some peace of mind
    thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk