Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,950

1 members and 2,949 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: General questions / Do you dare ?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert420 View Post
    Surely not you or anyone else on this forum no , but the breeder should have at least said listen get your enclosures and rooms quarantined.

My snakes will have proper care thanks.
    Nope, it's not the breeders responsibility either. It's YOUR snake. It's YOUR job to research and care for it properly. Do you want us to feed it for you too??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    You are keeping it too hot to start with 30/31 on the warm side is the most you should provide for a spider.

I see you keep saying no one told me about spider gene, no one told me to quarentine, I will be honest as a pet owner it is YOUR job to do some research and know what to expect when acquiring an animal whether it is a dog, cat, snake etc now what you need is deal with the issue at end and take it as a lesson learn which is also a great reminder of why it is important to buy from a reputable breeder.

A spider with wobble is not the end of the world the majority will do fine if kept in an optimum way, limited stress, lower temperture etc.
    Hi Deborah

Now you guys understand me wrong i love my spider! i take extra care in his cage no high objects etc. He has an awesome attidude not scared at all and always lies with his body inside the hide and his head on the "porch"

I had the temp of his belly heat down to 30.5 to 31 but then he would remain there and not go to his cold hide at all ? i had it like this for a full 24 hours and he came out at night hunting mode but afterwards went straight back hot hide.

This was my reason for upping the temp the corkscrew has severely gotten less since we last spoke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Nope, it's not the breeders responsibility either. It's YOUR snake. It's YOUR job to research and care for it properly. Do you want us to feed it for you too??
    Lol

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albert420 View Post
    Hi Deborah

Now you guys understand me wrong i love my spider! i take extra care in his cage no high objects etc. He has an awesome attidude not scared at all and always lies with his body inside the hide and his head on the "porch"

I had the temp of his belly heat down to 30.5 to 31 but then he would remain there and not go to his cold hide at all ? i had it like this for a full 24 hours and he came out at night hunting mode but afterwards went straight back hot hide.

This was my reason for upping the temp the corkscrew has severely gotten less since we last spoke.
    Long term spiders do better with lower tempertures.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    Long term spiders do better with lower tempertures.
    I lowered the temps immediately.

Thanks again for everyone's help

Thanks
    No one is trying to be mean, or provide inadequate help. But it is a harsh truth that you didn't do your research and there is consequences for that (hopefully the animal doesn't reap the punishment)
    Everyone on here is a huge preacher of doing your research before getting any animal, because all the love in the world doesn't provide them with everything they need, so we're warning you not to impulsively buy an animal.

Anyways, not sure anyone answered about sizes, but I can't see either snake that clearly to tell you what size to feed them. You can find YouTube videos, or do your research now before it's not to late. There are also pinned threads about size, general care etc on this forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12