Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 643

9 members and 634 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

Salmon26 (26)

» Stats

Members: 66,822
Threads: 241,538
Posts: 2,507,976
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, delphipythons
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Registered User Matt850's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-14-2016
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Images: 3

    Really worried about one of my babies

    I recently cut a clutch and have since let them be. One had a twisted umbilical cord and is now out and doing great. A few of the eggs seemed pretty hard but all babies are alive and seem to be doing ok. I had a few hiccups with my incubator losing power for a few hours and the temperature dropping which may have led to some of these issues although my other clutch finished a week prior and is perfect.
    My worries are that when I looked today, one of the last snakes has crawled out and is super tiny. He/she is just 28 grams and it's yolk is still mostly in the egg (kinda hard). Should I just let things happen as they do or is there a way to try to get some nourishment into the baby? I don't want to stress the baby any more than necessary but I want it to survive and be healthy if I can do anything to help that happen. I've not had this happen before so I am not really sure how to proceed, right now I just put the baby back with their siblings and will let it be.
    1.0 Enchi Banana
    1.0 Clown
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Mojave Het. Clown
    0.1 Stinger Bee
    0.1 Black Pewter
    0.1 Hypo Butter

  2. #2
    bcr229's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2013
    Location
    Eastern WV Panhandle
    Posts
    8,399
    Thanks
    2,355
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 3,887 Posts
    Images: 18
    Wait for it to shed and then offer a live fuzzy mouse that you can leave in overnight with it.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

    dr del (11-16-2019)

  4. #3
    Registered User Matt850's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-14-2016
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Really worried about one of my babies

    I'll give it a go. Do you think it may be better to offer a fuzzy ASF rather than a fuzzy rat? I have access to both. I was thinking this due to its size. There may be a period of time to get it switched back to rats but honestly I just want to do what I can for the baby regardless of what it takes.
    1.0 Enchi Banana
    1.0 Clown
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Mojave Het. Clown
    0.1 Stinger Bee
    0.1 Black Pewter
    0.1 Hypo Butter

  5. #4
    bcr229's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2013
    Location
    Eastern WV Panhandle
    Posts
    8,399
    Thanks
    2,355
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 3,887 Posts
    Images: 18
    If the baby is only 28 grams I would start with a fuzzy mouse not a fuzzy rat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1