Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

0 members and 2,816 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Feeling corny? And tank opinion

Out of all the snakes that I have (had for the KSB - rip), I love corns! Well, the colubrids have been a joy to keep, including my 2 kings. I ordered 3 baby corns from VMSHerp, the same breeder who bred the KSB (rip). They are now done with their QT. Meet Aerith. She is a reverse okeetee or albino okeetee, hatched in July. So far, she has the most outgoing personality out of the 3, shy at first as a typical baby but quickly calms down during handling. Always messes up her cage and will eat right in front of you.

Sent from my LGL57BL using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Bodie (11-08-2019),Toad37 (11-08-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Feeling corny? And tank opinion

This is Cloud, named by my niece. He was the first to be named out of the 3 so it is suitable if the other 2 are named from FF7 game. He is a white-out blizzard morph. He is a month older than the other 2. He eats but so far refuses to do so in front of me. I have to leave it in the cage and walk away. His pattern is slowly fading away. The pic with the hand was take over a month ago. He is the calmest out of the 3, usually he is in his hide but he comes out when he is hungry, which is the day after he was fed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

This is Chicken Little. For those who played FF7, Zack would have been the preferred name but that character does not match his personality. Chicken is an extreme okeetee (Abbott line). I think he is more beautiful than the other 2, especially the checkered belly. He is also the smallest and most shy of the 3. He had bitten myself and my friend out of fear, but it was such a small bite you don't even notice it (the tiny teethmarks were cute though!). But he handles well once he calms down during handling. He 'attacks' his food which is kind of funny.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Lastly, after learning my lesson, I am using these 12" x 6" (?) tanks and they are amazing! Completely sealed at the corners where small snakes like corns could escape. And the clip on lock makes sure that it is sealed extra tight in case you did not close it all the way in. My husband lend me these tanks which he purchased at the Daytona expo. I cannot find the name of the company that made these tanks. When I do, I will post their info. The tank is light, easy to clean, and great for baby snakes that don't need high humidity (or you can cover the top). My husband bought them for about $20-25 each.

I love these corns! They are so much fun to watch, easy to care for and easy to feed. And the variety of morphs available are insane, and still in the works. I just want to say that Sean at VMSHerp was easy to do business with and everything went well.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Bodie (11-08-2019),Caitlin (11-08-2019),Toad37 (11-08-2019)

Thanks

Colubrids are awesome. Very nice looking corns!
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern)
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru)
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose