Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,779

1 members and 2,778 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking advice

Thanks

Re: Seeking advice

Update!
    After reading a lot, I did a couple things that helped out with my issue! Where we have her habitat it was very easy to scare her... meaning the hide she likes to hang out in is facing where we can walk right by and often times she would have her head out of the hide and see us walk by and shoot back into her hide. I covered half of the tank with some towels so that she wouldn’t be getting scared every time we walked by in hopes to relieve any stress we may have been causing her. The layout of her habitat she has two hides, two water dishes and a log in the middle that she likes to climb at night. One hide and water on the cool side one hide and water on the warm side. So the space in her habitat is well used so it’s not just a lot of open space.
    I also used to take her out of her habitat and move her to a Bin to feed her. Again after reading and looking around I learned that I could be adding stress by pulling her out and handling her and moving her to a separate location to feed.
    after a few days with the towels covering half her tank and not handling her and letting her be. I tried to feed her and within seconds she was on it. That was last Tuesday and I just fed her again. Same thing, a couple seconds and she was on it. I’m going to continue with this until she gets up to a healthy weight.
    Thank you all who commented helping me out, this is my first BP and I tend to over research things to try and do everything right but having experienced people’s opinions and tips is really useful! I’ll keep you updated on Medusa’s progress!!

Thanks again!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MedusaThePastelBP For This Useful Post:

dr del (11-23-2019),Traxxyun (01-24-2020)

Thanks

Re: Seeking advice

Little update on my girl Medusa!!

Just over a month ago I got her back to her regular eating habits and have been weighing her every week or so. December 9th 2019, Medusa only weighed 210 grams for being roughly 9 ish months old (we believe). After weighing her tonight she is up to 285 grams and is now eating xtra large mice every week and a half. She was eating large mice every week until now when i switched her up to the larger mice.
    Also she refuses to eat mice from Petco or Petsmart... I used to buy all my mice from a local reptile business until they had to close down.. So I had to go and get her mice at Petco and when I would try and offer her those mice she would flick her tongue at it and then hide her head. If the mouse ever touched her face she would rub her "nose" on her substrate and do anything to avoid this mouse. There is another reptile shop about a half hour from my house and I went and got mice there and she ate instantly. Im not sure what it is but she hates mice from Petco or Petsmart.. Wondering if anyone else has seen their BP do this.?!
    Anyway, thats a little update! thanks to everyone who gave me some tips and advice to get my girl back on track. Still have work ahead of us to get her caught up but she is looking good!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MedusaThePastelBP For This Useful Post:

dr del (01-19-2020),Traxxyun (01-24-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12