Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,739

1 members and 2,738 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Question on spinal kinks for all snake breeders

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    we raised one kinked almond corn snake. we got him as pet only from a breeder, pretty much newborn and took our chances on him and his sister who is supposed to also be kinked but we don't see or feel anything obvious with her. anyways, he refused to eat but could get around ok on his own. husband (67temp) syringe fed him chicken egg yolks for months i want to say until he finally took a tiny newborn pinkie, which is actually the reason we got into mouse breeding. fast forward to now and he is healthy and happy. he is very short for his age but normal corn snake circumference. he has a little trouble getting around if we have him out on us but like i said, manages to get around. i know many breeders or general keepers would have given up on him but husband stuck with it and saved his life. we love him and his sister dearly. maybe he will chime in with pics of them.

we haven't thankfully hatched any out with kinks so i don't know if they sometimes pop back into place but i think it is entirely possible!
    A pet is A pet is A pet. We just spend almost four thousand dollars on our dog (a boxer) who very unfortunately succumbed to stomach cancer. This post made me think how far would I go for our one normal ball python. My unanimous family decision is... the exact same as if he was our dog. Although he doesn’t seek attention or probably even like being handled, he is ours and we are his we are his keepers and it’s our responsibility to give him the best possible life. Silent hill has restored my faith in humanity tonight.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DandD For This Useful Post:

aerie (01-30-2020),bcr229 (11-16-2019),Bogertophis (11-16-2019),dakski (11-16-2019),dr del (11-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Re: Question on spinal kinks for all snake breeders

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    here is our little guy! i think he's 2+ years old now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    He's a very pretty fellow!

Meanwhile, I've had a chance to get a closer look at my kinked hatchling Florida rat snake ("Wundertat") & while it's not as noticeable as it was initially, she DOES after
    all still have a mid-body kink...fortunately she has no trouble moving normally, has a good appetite and digestion so I see no problem whatsoever with her as a pet & it
    doesn't appear to bother her- she has a nice personality- so I'm relieved. I feel a bit silly now...it really appeared to have disappeared but I was avoiding handling her-
    she had just fed- & I could only go on what I was able to see.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

aurum (11-16-2019),Gocntry (11-16-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12