Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,697

2 members and 3,695 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Exclamation Bumble Bee Ball Python with bad wobble

Hello all!
    So, I am a reptile lover and currently own three snakes! A boa, corn snake & a ball python. I work at a pet store and we recently got in a Bumble Bee Ball Python who hatched in July. He already has developed a bad wobble and I am thinking about taking him home. I don’t want some family or a person who doesn’t know much about the care this guy will need. Although I know the care for a ball python, I just wanted to see if some other reptile-loving experts or enthusiasts could tell me the right way to go about proper care for this special guy.

Will he need a tub instead of glass tank? A specific substrate & items inside the tank so he can’t hurt himself? Also, what size for a water dish?
    Earlier, he was having some kind of freak out where his head was continuously going in circles and he actually fell upside down in the dish head first, and couldn’t get himself out so I had to pull him out. I just want to make sure I can give him the best and safest care to ensure he has an amazing life.

I am always ready to learn new ways to improving my care so anything helps!
    thank you!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If the snake can eat an drink on it's own the care is the same as any other BP. If not, well it never should have been sold.

As for housing, I have pets so they are displayed. Tubs hide snakes so it's hard to enjoy them IMO. Tubs an racks are great for breeders in the business an large collections.

For a snakes with bad wobble I'd use paper bedding an overhead radiant heat. A shallow water bowl if it has trouble.

Have you fed it? That would be the important part. If it can't eat on it's own for me the correct thing to do is put it down. You can't save them all. Save the ones you can.

Good luck!
    Last edited by 303_enfield; 11-03-2019 at 09:09 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 303_enfield For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-03-2019)