Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,205

3 members and 3,202 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Re: Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Kodayin View Post
    Update:

He is actually a she, they went ahead and probed her while she was under. They actually were able to save both eyes. Her left is really raw and bled a bit because they had to cut through it to remove it, so there’s a lot of trauma to her left eye but it will heal. She will be on eye drops for the next 2 weeks and has to go for antibiotics in 3 days.

They said there was at least 2-3 stuck eye caps, and confirmed that it happened over a long period of time, through neglect

anyways! I’m beyond relieved she gets to keep both eyes and can see now! The vet did warn me her next shed would be rough so she will need regular medicated baths when it comes to then, but tit for tat really if it means she can see.

It was cute to see her re-explore her enclosure, she couldn’t slither around fast enough to see what she’s been feeling this whole time
    That's wonderful news! YAY! You know, of course, that you just became her hero...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Kodayin (11-02-2019),richardhind1972 (11-02-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    That's wonderful news! YAY! You know, of course, that you just became her hero...

Mu first snake was a $400 snake and I love him, my second snake was a pastel that was starved and had stuck shed and eye caps. He was miserable, well now that he is fine I swear I have a stronger bond with him my free snake than I do with the snake I waited a year to get. Lol
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-02-2019),Kodayin (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    Another update:

She's waaaaaay more active now that she can see, I swear she hasn't slept yet and just keeps exploring her enclosure.
    She had her first set of eye drops today, plus eye lube. It stresses her out a lot. She's still a very good girl, never wants to hurt anybody, so she'll A) wrap around my arm and kinda seem to pull it away or B) pull away so hard I swear I'm hurting her.
    If anyone had advice on how to make it less stressful, if even possible that'd be great! I don't want to hurt her trying to make her better

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodayin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-02-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Aw thank you! Rescuing animals is nothing new to me, I really enjoy it because as danger noodle said you develop a special bond with rescued pets, which makes the experience soo worth the money and time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kodayin View Post
    Aw thank you! Rescuing animals is nothing new to me, I really enjoy it because as danger noodle said you develop a special bond with rescued pets, which makes the experience soo worth the money and time
    Same here (rescues), and I agree with you both. Doing good by helping an animal in need just always feels better than simply buying one...you know for sure you made
    a bigger impact in their lives. Pets bring warm feelings to our chilly worlds...rescues can bring the warmest, in my opinion.

I think she'll calm down some, there's just so much she has to get used to now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Kodayin (11-02-2019),richardhind1972 (11-02-2019)

Thanks

Angry

Yet another update!

She had her second set of eye drops (needs them every 8 hours) and this time I didn’t have to hold her. She had her head up to where I could see her eyes, stayed still while I dropped them in, and even moved her head to the other side so I could get the other eye. Same with the lube, though once it hit her eye she started rubbing her face against her fake grass, it doesn’t come off though which is good
    i think after the first time she probably was like this feels good, and so doesn’t mind it now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodayin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    What a "good" snake!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Kodayin (11-03-2019)

Thanks
    Another update:
    Her left eye started getting bad again, so the vet suggested putting eye lube on more than twice a day (now) to keep it moist since it looked a bit dry.
    She can see out of her right side, which has made her trust me immensely more (I suppose since she can see my actions / what I'm doing)
    At the end of next week she will be done with her medication / treatment. So I suppose I'll see then if her left eye is savable still

To add: this whole thing so far has been 530$... Did not plan for that in my budget ����
    I can't wait to look back on this and call her my most expensive snake haha
    Last edited by Kodayin; 11-08-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12