Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,838

3 members and 2,835 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Dude if ur not breeding who cares! Is a really good looking paradox for a steal at $300 if u ask me. To many people that don’t breed care about all the morphs.
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (10-29-2019)

Thanks

Re: Listed as a Paradox Super Enchi, but looking for second opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Dude if ur not breeding who cares! Is a really good looking paradox for a steal at $300 if u ask me. To many people that don’t breed care about all the morphs.
    exactly correct.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose84 For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (10-29-2019)

Thanks

Well, we were hoping to sometime in the future, but...

D: Now I'm not so sure! I'm sure he'd make cool babies, but now I don't know what they'd be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Put him with a normal female when he is of breeding size and see what happens.. Be like opening a birthday gift..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    Here's the thing, if you purchased as a pet, you got a great price on a beautiful animal so you should be happy with your purchase regardless what his genetics are. But if you purchased with the intent to breed, it was unfortunately a very bad purchase no matter what the price. Far to many people buy cheap animals and just throw them together and it doesn't work out well for anybody and it's not good for the market. If you want to breed, start out with quality example animals of known genetics. Even if the animal in question may be hard to ID 100%, as long as the parents are known and good quality, you will make good quality animals and you can get a more exact ID through breeding. Using an animal that the ID is clearly wrong on and the parents are also incorrect, you're just setting yourself up for a lot more headaches down the road.

You have this guy now though, so I would just be happy to have got a good deal on a beautiful animal. But plan to do your breeding project with animals that are from known quality animals. The paradox is not a trait that is typically passed down anyway, so he is more of a looker than a breeder anyway.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (10-28-2019),Moose84 (10-28-2019),rlditmars (10-29-2019),Sonny1318 (10-29-2019),Stewart_Reptiles (10-28-2019)

Thanks

We knew the paradox wouldn't get passed, but he's such a unique animal on his own. I agree that breeding him at this point would leave us with a bunch of unknown babies.

We've got a normal female that's supposed to be het albino and an axanthic female and they're both about ready to go. The only male ready is our bumblebee and I'm not doing spiders. We have a younger normal male as well.

I think my husband will just be excited that we'll probably just *have* to get some sort of banana male he wanted down the line instead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewolf13 View Post
    We knew the paradox wouldn't get passed, but he's such a unique animal on his own. I agree that breeding him at this point would leave us with a bunch of unknown babies.

We've got a normal female that's supposed to be het albino and an axanthic female and they're both about ready to go. The only male ready is our bumblebee and I'm not doing spiders. We have a younger normal male as well.

I think my husband will just be excited that we'll probably just *have* to get some sort of banana male he wanted down the line instead.

Pairing him eventually with the double het female would work as he has no recessive traits that you know of.. Now if the female were to drop an axanthic or an albino you would really have a powerhouse little fella on your hands.. wishful thinking...

Thanks

Now that I'm home, I thought ya'll would appreciate more close ups on some of this one's markings. I can't get over how pretty he is.

Even if we don't know what he is. XD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gravewolf13 For This Useful Post:

cincy (10-28-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Gorgeous is what she is.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12