Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 770

1 members and 769 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: A Happy Ball is...

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwhitters View Post
    So I overheard somewhere (here, or a Facebook group, I cannot remember) someone say "a hiding ball is a happy ball." Do you find this to be true? Since I'm so new at this, I wanna ensure I'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to make sure our little guy has the happiest life imaginable. He's still adjusting, but is finally starting to use his hides. He has technically "four" of them in his enclosure (one of them is the Exo Terra skull and it doesn't really feel like a true hide to me, and the other is a log hide which he seems to enjoy), but he's starting to utilize the biggest hide in the enclosure and has now been in there almost 24 hours without coming out from what I know of. He doesn't seem to be exploring the tank as much any longer, which I hear is supposedly a good thing!

Just curious what your own experiences have been! I apologize if I sound like a total noob and this is a common/annoying question around here!
    Imho a happy Royal is sleepy during the day and active in the evenings .

Put some branches in there with fake silk / plastic foliage and they will climb for hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Re: A Happy Ball is...

My guy comes out and starts exploring and climbing his branches in the late evenings for several hours. Until he eats them I don't see him for 3 days or so except maybe his head poking out of his hide or to get a drink...since his water dish I weight next to his hide he just sticks his head and neck out and gets a drink.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    Mine are out twice a day moving around their cage. Usually when lights are low in the evening and morning. Other than that it’s in the hide. If I check water, spot clean or whatever, they tend to poke their head out and watch me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12