Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,142

3 members and 3,139 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Animal Plastics Enclosures *photos appreciated*

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    All good here! It's bittersweet to see you around, hahahhaa. One one hand, you're an asset to the forum when you're around, but on the other hand...winter is coming. Uggggggh, hahahhahaha.

I just picked up a hatchling Bredli Python, so I'm thinking of a forever enclosure for her. I'm leaning towards a T12 with a shelf. I figure she'd appreciate the added height.
    She will. I cant say enough about the T-12. Its a great all around size and good height for a shelf and climbing
    ...and yes, winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CALM Pythons; 10-17-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

Thanks

Re: Animal Plastics Enclosures *photos appreciated*

I am going out on a limb and guessing this is the same snake that is bitey and defensive with you? Has this snake eaten since he has been with you? Also, a T10 is enormous for a snake that young.. You said he was hatched 8.24.19 correct? Even a 20L is really big for a new snake like that.. Understand that if you got him from a breeder which I am assuming you did, he was more than likely in a 6qish tub... You have changed that dramatically.. Probably one of the main reasons he is a little defensive.. He went from a rack and tub to a wide open fish tank.. I would NOT recommend anything close to a t10 for a long while.. I would make sure that the 20L isn't too big and he eats and adapts for you..

Good Luck..

Thanks

I think (and this my opinion, I'm fairly new to snake owning) that a 20L is fine as long as you put enough clutter in it. Multiple hides, some branches, some fake plastic plants (as long as there are no sharp or poky edges). Im not really sure how old my guy is but he was 123g when I got him and about 160ish or so now and he has never had a problem in his 20l. I'll post a picture of it below. He has 3 hides, one log, two water bowels (added the second one to help with humidity), climbing sticks and fake plants. Plenty of places to hide and room to stretch out. Also, he eats great. Hasn't passed up a meal since I got him. I would go ahead and order the bigger cage if you want. Sounds like it may take a while to get it anyways. If it takes several months to get he should grow enough to be ready or almost ready to upgrade by the time you get it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Snakemom85; 10-17-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    That's good to know. I like my Boaphile a lot, but haven't actually seen an AP in person to compare and contrast. What makes you want to upgrade from Boaphile to AP? What are the key differences that make you want to upgrade?

I haven’t had the bad experience that Calm had. For me there are pros and cons.

Pro: Nice thick beefy doors with heavy duty latches. There is no way a snake can open those doors.

Drop down door is great for cleaning and reaching the hard places.

Lightweight, easy to move by yourself.

Con: Lightweight and thin material makes it difficult to use screws for customization.

Must be careful what goes on top of cage, they will sag unless it’s something like another Boaphile the same size.

If you want an RHP you Must order theirs at time of order so they can add their built in bracket template. If you want to use a different RHP, you must use nuts
    and bolts for mounting due to the thin material. This means you won’t be able to stack due the nuts and protruding bolts on top.

Drop down doors are considered a negative by some when it comes time to feed, but I have no problem, and Punch is big and an Extremely aggressive eater.

Bottomline, if you order the Boaphiles set up for how you plan to always use them, they are great, Like what Dakski did. However, if you think custom changes may be needed in the future like adding bars, poles, plastic vegetation screwed in, etc; then you will have challenges that may or may not be over come.

Hope this helps.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post

Hope this helps.
    Thank you sir!
    That definitely helped. I'll be keeping an eye on AP hoping they have a sale on the T12 at some point. I've definitely got plenty of time before the little Bredli girl is ready for that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (10-18-2019)

Thanks

First off, I'm so impressed with how kind and informative everyone has been on these forums so far. I know everyone does things just *slightly* differently with their BPs and I appreciate the insight and information from ALL of you.

Yes, so far my new little guy has been a bit defensive. I don't blame him. He's had a stressful few days adjusting to his new environment, traveling, etc... we cluttered the 20L up quite a bit. I'm not at home at the moment or I would grab some photos to show y'all! I figured it'll take nearly half a year to get the AP enclosure, and if he's still a bit small for it I am very happy to wait before we put him in it.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Bob at Pro Products. My BP breeder RAVED about him and Ali at AP as well. When I emailed asking about lead times Ali said they've had some hiccups with the new facility, but with the reputation they have, I am not hesitating to order sometime this week.

I plan to put TONS of clutter, hides, water bowls, etc... in the T10. My goal is for it to be a total safe haven for my BP filled with plenty of places for him to explore and hide.
    Follow along on Poe's adventures on instagram: @poe.the.python

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-18-2019),Reinz (10-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Sounds like you are on a good path WW, as well as having a good plan.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-18-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234