Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,176

1 members and 3,175 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Animal Plastics Enclosures *photos appreciated*

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    I have a T8 for my king. She is a pretty long snake for her species.. So T8, space wise, is perfect. I think T10 has about the same floor space plus more height.

I think they are good for the price and space you want. I ordered mine last year, got it within 1-2 months, it is a quick ship order so it is not a long wait. Installation is easy. Durable after a year now, easy to clean, no weird funky smell...etc. I have the sliding acrylic doors, no locks. I just place some old medical bills (lol) and stuff them in between the glass door gap, which is small to begin with. Nibbler has tried to push her way out at the start but no success. She is pretty chill snake to begin with, so locks are not a bad option.

I did not order anything else but the enclosure. I use a heat mat and tape it to the bottom and tweak the temp on the thermostat to get the inside temps just right. The RHP is a popular choice for many though.

I have yet to find a competitor that can give me a good price on this much floor space for snakes that don't climb.

One thing I don't like is the lack of ventilation. They come with slits but I like to have more air flow in my enclosures (I'm paranoid over mold, especially here in SoFL). You can drill holes so that is a plus. Or I think you can ask them to add more slits or holes during the making process.

Their customer service is friendly and response may take awhile due to the high volume of calls and emails they get. I don't have any complaints about their customer service at this time.

I recently ordered another T8 for my woma, who is growing out his tank. That was about 2 months ago and nothing yet, but like I said, if you can wait, it is a good enclosure to have.

And sorry, no pics. I lost them somewhere.
    Greatly appreciate all your valuable information! Thank you for sharing it! ♥
    Follow along on Poe's adventures on instagram: @poe.the.python

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Snapped a quick pic just now of my 3 T-8s, which are just a little shorter than T10s. I have these on the pedestal also from AP (edit -we put our own beefed up caster wheels on there). Cages partially covered because I have some boa breeding going on and giving privacy. I don't have any issues with the post, it's hardly noticeable when looking at them, being where the sliding glass doors overlap.
    AP is a great choice even with the long lead times.
    Last edited by AbsoluteApril; 10-17-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    For the Horde!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

T8 is plenty of height for a BP, though the 3" extra height in the T10 would be slightly easier for accessing the far back of the cage when cleaning and such. The belly heat from AP is kind of expensive. I just order heat tape from Reptile Basics and install under the cage myself to save some cash. As for the cage being too big for a young BP, you can order a pop in/pop out divider and just keep your critter in half of the cage until they're large enough to feel secure in the full enclosure.

Thanks

Awesome y'all! Thank you so much for sharing!

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Animal Plastics Enclosures *photos appreciated*

Great choice. They are #1. Anyone that says a T10 is to big for a Ball python doesn’t know what they are talking about at all. I have 2) T-12’s for my Balls. They are around 2000 grams and 4’ long. I got them because Its easier for me to clean with a higher ceiling and larger doorway but the T10 is great, id never go smaller than Great choice. As far as accessories I have everything you mentioned except belly heat. No need for it with Bobs Pro Panels. I run a “Herpstat 2” for my 150 watt panel. Its on 80% and gives me a hot spot of 91/92 and cool spot of 80.
    The only advice id give you is do not go smaller on the panel, its better to have more than you need than not enough incase your home gets cool or furnace breaks during winter. If the panel is more heat than you need you just adjust the output on your Herpstat up to 100% power.
    If your home is 60-70 degrees in the cold months go with a 120 or 150 watt even if Bob says you can get away with the smaller one which was 88watt but he changed it to 100 now I think. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited by CALM Pythons; 10-17-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Alicia (10-17-2019),Reinz (10-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Great choice. They are #1. Anyone that says a T10 is to big for a Ball python doesn’t know what they are talking about at all. I have 2) T-12’s for my Balls. They are around 2000 grams and 4’ long. I got them because Its easier for me to clean with a higher ceiling and larger doorway but the T10 is great, id never go smaller than Great choice. As far as accessories I have everything you mentioned except belly heat. No need for it with Bobs Pro Panels. I run a Herpstat 2 for my 150 watt panel. Its on 80% and gives me a hot spot of 91/92 and cool spot of 80.
    The only advice id give you is do not go smaller on the panel, its better to have more than you need than not enough incase your home gets cool or furnace breaks during winter. If the panel is more heat than you need you just adjust the output on your Herpstat up to 100% power.
    If your home is 60-70 degrees in the cold months go with a 120 or 150 watt even if Bob says you can get away with the smaller one which was 88watt but he changed it to 100 now I think. Better safe than sorry.

Gorgeous snake! Thank you for the info! Especially about the RHP! Appreciate it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (10-17-2019)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwhitters View Post
    Gorgeous snake! Thank you for the info! Especially about the RHP! Appreciate it!
    No problem. I have another enclosure ordered. Its a custom one and looking at up to 5 months wait. If you pay Ali 1/2 down you can order now and pay the rest when its done if that helps you. That way your in line asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    No problem. I have another enclosure ordered. Its a custom one and looking at up to 5 months wait. If you pay Ali 1/2 down you can order now and pay the rest when its done if that helps you. That way your in line asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't know that! Nice to know!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (10-17-2019)

Thanks
    Hello wonderwhitters. I live about 30 miles east of you in Henry Co. I'm curious how you have your current 20 gallon set up. I am new here as well, researching as my kids have saved up about bought everything needed for their first BP which we will be getting from a breeder at the show next month in Indy. I too plan to upgrade to a PVC enclosure but might DIY mine. I'll have some time to think about it until it fills in the 20 gallon long we have for it to start in. I'm planning on getting theirs set up this week to see how the temps do. It's a glass tank and I have a UTH for each end one to keep lower for the cool side and one to keep higher for the hot side. I'm cutting a piece of plexiglass to cover the screen top as needed to help with humidity. I would like to hear what your setup was and what difficulties you had with temps and humidity.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Animal Plastics Enclosures *photos appreciated*

I have 6 AP, 2 copycats, a Boaphile, and a BoaMaster. The last two will be replaced by AP.

Last edited by Reinz; 10-17-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (10-17-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-17-2019)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast