Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,824

0 members and 2,824 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Animal Plastics Enclosures *photos appreciated*

Hey everyone! One of the noobs around here, so if I post this in the wrong place, scold me!

I will be ordering in the next few days an animal plastics enclosure for our brand new baby enchi lesser morph named Poe. I am planning on getting the T10. I know the lead time is quite a while, so we wanna get it ordered ASAP since he's currently in a 20L Zilla tank, which will certainly not be ideal as he grows. (Plus keeping heat/humidity proper in this is a challenge). So far the plan is adding a lock, doing sliding glass doors, LED lighting, belly heat, and a pro RHP for him.

I would absolutely LOVE to not only know your opinions of these enclosures, what you've added to yours, but also see photos of your AP enclosures!

Thanks ahead of time for sharing. ♥
    Follow along on Poe's adventures on instagram: @poe.the.python

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderwhitters For This Useful Post:

wnateg (10-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 465 Posts
    A T10 is pretty big for a ball python.

The reason I'm not a fan of animal plastics is the middle brace. It obstructs the view too much.

I have neither, but I have thought of getting a http://pvccages.com
    Start your own dubia roach colony with Roach Rancher!

Instagram - @AliceAnaconda

0.1.0 Cat "Anna"
    -----
    1.1.0 Emerald Tree Boa "Amanda & Samantha"
    0.1.0 Merauke Scrub Python "Victoria"
    0.1.0 Titanium Reticulated Python "Alice"
    1.0.0 Eastern Indigo
    -----
    0.0.4 Alligator Snapping Turtle "Deborah"
    0.0.2 Florida Snapping Turtles
    0.0.1 Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman "Caroline"
    0.0.1 100% Het Black Dragon Asian Water Monitor
    -----
    0.0.1 Antilles Pink Toe Tarantula "Katherine"

Thanks

Re: Animal Plastics Enclosures *photos appreciated*

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwhitters View Post
    Hey everyone! One of the noobs around here, so if I post this in the wrong place, scold me!

I will be ordering in the next few days an animal plastics enclosure for our brand new baby enchi lesser morph named Poe. I am planning on getting the T10. I know the lead time is quite a while, so we wanna get it ordered ASAP since he's currently in a 20L Zilla tank, which will certainly not be ideal as he grows. (Plus keeping heat/humidity proper in this is a challenge). So far the plan is adding a lock, doing sliding glass doors, LED lighting, belly heat, and a pro RHP for him.

I would absolutely LOVE to not only know your opinions of these enclosures, what you've added to yours, but also see photos of your AP enclosures!

Thanks ahead of time for sharing. ♥
    Hey there....you're making a good choice but I would highly recommend cluttering it up since that's a lot of space for a BP (especially a baby). I just received my 2nd AP T10 in the mail a week ago after waiting for about 4-5 months. It's a long wait but well worth it. The options you suggested sound great although some will say belly heat is not needed since you'll have the RHP providing heat. Good luck!
    1.0 Motley IMG BCI - (Venom)

1.0 Super Ghost BCI - (Phantom)

1.0 Boxer - (Knox)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-17-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I haven't pulled the trigger on an AP enclosure yet, but their reputation is second to none. I do have a Neodesha and a Boaphile enclosure (both purchased second hand) that I absolutely love. I've been a glass guy since I started out in this hobby almost 20 years ago. But these plastic/PVC enclosures are fantastic. I'm in the process of upgrading all of my enclosures gradually. AP is definitely at the top of the list.

As for the size, a T10 will be fine. I'd just wait until your BP hits 500 grams before moving him. But once he hits that size he should be ready to upsize.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckuhn003 View Post
    Hey there....you're making a good choice but I would highly recommend cluttering it up since that's a lot of space for a BP (especially a baby). I just received my 2nd AP T10 in the mail a week ago after waiting for about 4-5 months. It's a long wait but well worth it. The options you suggested sound great although some will say belly heat is not needed since you'll have the RHP providing heat. Good luck!
    I am obsessed with cluttered BP enclosures! We plan to provide him with all the clutter in the world! LOL! I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying yours! I am curious about the belly heat and what others think as well because I've heard that. I figured I can turn it off (i'm assuming it can be turned off) if it's not needed and take the better "safe than sorry" approach and have it as an option in the enclosure if it's ever needed. Thanks for your input! It's appreciated! ♥

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    A T10 is pretty big for a ball python.

The reason I'm not a fan of animal plastics is the middle brace. It obstructs the view too much.
    I do understand your point with that middle brace! It does break up the view quite a bit! I can see how some may not be into that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    As for the size, a T10 will be fine. I'd just wait until your BP hits 500 grams before moving him. But once he hits that size he should be ready to upsize.
    I am definitely happy to keep him in his smaller enclosure till he's a comfy size to move over. I just don't want him to ever feel cramped in the current 20L!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wnateg View Post

I have neither, but I have thought of getting a http://pvccages.com
    Just looked at this and those are sharp/sleek looking enclosures! I'm impressed.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwhitters View Post
    I am definitely happy to keep him in his smaller enclosure till he's a comfy size to move over. I just don't want him to ever feel cramped in the current 20L!
    I hear ya. You'll be surprised though, they actually do really well in smaller enclosures when young. But that T10 will be a fantastic "forever" enclosure.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

wonderwhitters (10-17-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have a T8 for my king. She is a pretty long snake for her species.. So T8, space wise, is perfect. I think T10 has about the same floor space plus more height.

I think they are good for the price and space you want. I ordered mine last year, got it within 1-2 months, it is a quick ship order so it is not a long wait. Installation is easy. Durable after a year now, easy to clean, no weird funky smell...etc. I have the sliding acrylic doors, no locks. I just place some old medical bills (lol) and stuff them in between the glass door gap, which is small to begin with. Nibbler has tried to push her way out at the start but no success. She is pretty chill snake to begin with, so locks are not a bad option.

I did not order anything else but the enclosure. I use a heat mat and tape it to the bottom and tweak the temp on the thermostat to get the inside temps just right. The RHP is a popular choice for many though.

I have yet to find a competitor that can give me a good price on this much floor space for snakes that don't climb.

One thing I don't like is the lack of ventilation. They come with slits but I like to have more air flow in my enclosures (I'm paranoid over mold, especially here in SoFL). You can drill holes so that is a plus. Or I think you can ask them to add more slits or holes during the making process.

Their customer service is friendly and response may take awhile due to the high volume of calls and emails they get. I don't have any complaints about their customer service at this time.

I recently ordered another T8 for my woma, who is growing out his tank. That was about 2 months ago and nothing yet, but like I said, if you can wait, it is a good enclosure to have.

And sorry, no pics. I lost them somewhere.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast