Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,485

2 members and 3,483 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

The Bitey Thread

This Girl? is named Bitey. She was acquired on August 31st 2019. And weighed in At a whopping 92g.

I got Bitey from a pet shop (yes I know), the day I got her she was cohabited (of course, typical pet shop) with another BP. I was called by a friend, who knew the store manager, who said they were mean and they needed to move them out.

I go up there, Bitey was on the branch in the cage, and they were trying to move her with the feeding tongs, then they offered to get the "bite gloves" Lol.

I said, Can I just get her out, they said go ahead if you think you can. Again Lol, I reached in and picked her up. Wow she thought she was a Cobra, was striking at everyone who would get near her. I took a tag, but no damage to me.

Feeling bad for those poor snakes I ended up with both of them (Bean will get her own thread). The employees didn't want to handle / deal with them, which to me means they were not going to be able to sell them, so that could have ended badly for the snakes.

Here's the day I went and picked them up:

Thanks

Re: The Bitey Thread

Fast forward to October 10, 2019 After a week of settling in Bitey has taken a f/t mouse in the 9 to 11 gram range on a weekly basis with out issue (right from the tongs) Very aggressive eater.

Here she is Oct 10 with my daughter, who had no problems getting her out of her tank and holding her, No striking at all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

dr del (10-19-2019)

Thanks

Re: The Bitey Thread

Now up to current date,

Bitey weighs in at 140 grams, and has her "Well Snake Checkup" at the vets scheduled for Tuesday Oct 22

If she checks out there, R.I check, mite check, they check the heartbeat, weigh her and check for anything strange (the Vet owns snakes too)

End of October, I'll add her to the snake room on the 60 day mark.

Sorry no current pic, I fed her today (Sunday is her feeding day) so she will be good for the short trip (10 minutes from my house) to the vet Tuesday.

Thanks
    Cool snakes!!
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.